BajaNomad

Work Sucks!

acadist - 11-23-2014 at 07:51 PM

Well it has finally happened, after 14 years I am not going to make it to Baja this year. Work transferred me from Denver to Seattle at a moments notice in April and my house in Denver is still on the market, family still there and I am in Seattle. I had put aside vacation time to go camping with the boys at Campo Sirena and instead it will be a long overdue chance to hang with them waiting for offers on the house. Oh well, there is always next year...............................

Ribbonslinger - 11-23-2014 at 09:46 PM

I hear you buddy! 1 month left for me then I am heading south for 3 months

bajabuddha - 11-24-2014 at 07:03 AM

Que lastima; no cerveza, no trabajo... entonces, no trabajo, no cerveza.... :(

woody with a view - 11-24-2014 at 07:07 AM

work is a 4 letter word......

ligui - 11-24-2014 at 07:19 AM

Work and snow ...... both 4 letter words . :fire:

chuckie - 11-24-2014 at 07:39 AM

Acadist...You work for Lockheed Martin? They jerked me around for a lot of years....

shari - 11-24-2014 at 08:07 AM

wow...that DOES suck amigo as you have become part of the Asuncion extended family around the campfire! The usual selection of baja nuts will be here over the holidays and we shall raise a glass to you and the boys...please hug them for me.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder so you should be plenty happy when you finally get back down...suck it up bud.

chuckie - 11-24-2014 at 08:30 AM

Nuts?....NUTS?...that hurts....

Pompano - 11-24-2014 at 08:57 AM

It is better to be lost at sea, than to be found at work.

chuckie - 11-24-2014 at 10:16 AM

Profound!

acadist - 11-24-2014 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
wow...that DOES suck amigo as you have become part of the Asuncion extended family around the campfire! The usual selection of baja nuts will be here over the holidays and we shall raise a glass to you and the boys...please hug them for me.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder so you should be plenty happy when you finally get back down...suck it up bud.

We will be missing all of our good friends too. Hopefully we can make it in the spring

shari - 11-26-2014 at 05:36 PM

if the flip flop fits chuckie.......

acadist - 11-27-2014 at 03:51 AM

Great News! It started towards the end of last week when we decided enough is enough and we are moving, sold house or not. I decided if we need to rent we will and we will be together by Christmas. Monday scheduled the movers and set the gears turning to find a place to put the stuff into when it arrives in Seattle. This afternoon I got an offer that we verbally responded to and was excepted. Evidently real estate agents like money more than turkey and they are getting together tomorrow to get the paperwork done. Should be under contract Friday morning!! After 7 long months of separation we can get back to the way it should be. I can see a late winter/early spring Baja trip in my future. Shari, save a few fish for me :biggrin:

chuckie - 11-27-2014 at 07:03 AM

GREAT NEWS! I had to do much the same thing, when I moved from SOCAL to Denver....years ago...Makes for a good Thanksgiving for ya...God Bless...

Shari? I don got no steenking fleep flops....Seeya soon....

shari - 11-27-2014 at 08:23 AM

Fantastic news Acadist...so glad it's all working out for you. Sounds like a camping trip to the lagoon...it will be interesting to see how the whales respond to those boys of yours!!!:o

Marc - 11-27-2014 at 09:10 AM

Work is the curse of the drinking man.