BajaNomad

George's at the Cove better than Baja? Think twice!!

EnsenadaDr - 11-24-2014 at 12:04 PM

Was I surprised to hear a well-known radio station in San Diego this morning knocking the famed George's at the Cove in La Jolla, California. The radio commentator said he took his wife there for a drink this past week and the smell of seal feces was overwhelming. Plus the drink was $15. Yes it does have a killer view, but not any better than La Fonda or one of the dozens of ocean view restaurants we have here in Baja. And less crowded!! Never smelled anything foul at any of our beautiful sunset alcoves dotting the coast from Ensenada to Rosarito. And prices are much more reasonable, Viva Mexico and Baja California

chuckie - 11-24-2014 at 12:18 PM

Feces is like poop, right?

dorado50 - 11-24-2014 at 12:30 PM

unfortunately for me my house is in La Jolla. I bought it many years ago, well before PETA and the seal huggers moved in. now the place is ruled by sea lions who would have ever known? Georges is a hot spot for good looking and money hungry women.......well worth a $15 drink or two.

mtgoat666 - 11-24-2014 at 02:29 PM

doctora,
you are comparing apples to oranges (actually, you are comparing asparagus to brussel sprouts).
if price is important to you, for c-cktails i recommend a bottle of canadian club and liter of diet coke from vons, and for dinner i recommend the mcdonalds dollar menu -- for outdoor dining with an ocean view you might like the picnic tables on the beach at the end of neptune street in OB (put on your rose colored glasses and you wont notice the homeless trying to steal your chicken mcnuggets and cuba libre).

55steve - 11-24-2014 at 06:30 PM

Sewage oozing from cliffside hotels/eateries and the accompanying odor is fairly common along the Rosarito/Ensenada corridor. This has been my experience and perhaps others haven't discovered these spots yet.

[Edited on 11-25-2014 by 55steve]

EnsenadaDr - 11-24-2014 at 06:46 PM

Have you tried La Fonda or Poco Cielo? I spent quite a bit of time being "impressed" by La Jolla and spending much time there. I don't care much for the traffic and I am sorry there is no comparison between the relatively uncrowded beaches of La Mision and La Jolla Shores. Dorado50 owns a house there that not many can even dream of buying price wise and he is in relative agreement. Sorry La Jolla is overcrowded, overpriced, and I always wondered what that odor is and now I know.

woody with a view - 11-24-2014 at 06:50 PM

there is no Neptune St in OB. c'mon goat!

just saying.....

edit: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=Nautilus%20St%20%26%20N...

[Edited on 11-25-2014 by woody with a view]

David K - 11-24-2014 at 06:59 PM

Does a goat know the difference between a Nautilus and a Neptune?

OR

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-25-2014 by David K]

55steve - 11-24-2014 at 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Have you tried La Fonda or Poco Cielo? I spent quite a bit of time being "impressed" by La Jolla and spending much time there. I don't care much for the traffic and I am sorry there is no comparison between the relatively uncrowded beaches of La Mision and La Jolla Shores. Dorado50 owns a house there that not many can even dream of buying price wise and he is in relative agreement. Sorry La Jolla is overcrowded, overpriced, and I always wondered what that odor is and now I know.

La Fonda was one of the places that has SOMETHING stinky seeping from the rock wall as you head down to the beach.

I'm not a fan of La Jolla with all the crowds and the seal stink is horrible.

mtgoat666 - 11-24-2014 at 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

just saying.....

Recurring Brain fart. I've called newport Neptune since 1997. Oh well, BFd!

woody with a view - 11-24-2014 at 09:44 PM

10 lashes with a cold churro!:lol:

EnsenadaDr - 11-24-2014 at 09:46 PM

Nah I was just there climbing up the stairs last week and there was no odor at all except the breakfast brunch cooking, bacon and eggs and sausage.
Quote:
Originally posted by 55steve
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

La Fonda was one of the places that has SOMETHING stinky seeping from the rock wall as you head down to the beach.

I'm not a fan of La Jolla with all the crowds and the seal stink is horrible.

dorado50 - 11-26-2014 at 05:37 PM

a little stink here and there won't kill ya! Oh, La Jolla what a wonderful place to live

brewer - 12-1-2014 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

just saying.....

I'm sure he meant Newport Ave. Neptune is in La Jolla.