BajaNomad

Asuncion Fishing Report...big yellowtail starting to show

shari - 11-30-2014 at 01:07 PM

It has been a great week of fishing in Asuncion with perfect conditions the last few days for some first timers here. A group from Fish & Hunt Baja flew in for 3 days of fishing and eating and have not been disappointed. They loved flying in and jumping on the panga when they got off the plane the first day.

the bar is open gentlemen!

the best fish of the trip was a nice over 40 lb yellowtail...seems like the big fish are starting to show now. December should be epic!

They have had mixed bags every day with dorado, sierra,yellowtail, calico, white fish, bonita, grouper and they saw some huge wahoo but didnt have the right gear for them.

They had good meals at Loncheria Mari, well attended by Tomas and Keyko's famous lobster dinner and they cooked up their catch. And of course we wowed them with our sashimi platter, seared YT and ceviche from the sierra they caught.

Other clients who brought their sons to fish and surf were happy on both fronts. The kids jumped off the boat to surf while Dad fished at Choros.

Town is pretty busy with fishermen here these days and the cruising season is in full swing too with lots of boats in the bay.

woody with a view - 11-30-2014 at 01:11 PM

EPIC! tis the season.......

acadist - 11-30-2014 at 02:52 PM

Jealous!!!

chuckie - 11-30-2014 at 04:53 PM

Be THERE in a couple of weeks...!!!!

shari - 11-30-2014 at 05:35 PM

they just came in from fishing today and got an 80 lb Wahoo....woot woot along with limits of grouper, calico, yellowtail blah blah blah...epic day! pics tomorrow

woody with a view - 12-1-2014 at 01:30 PM

it's tomorrow!

shari - 12-1-2014 at 05:05 PM

patience grasshopper...I had to feed em and get them to the airstrip, maybe later on today...tick tick tick tick

woody with a view - 12-1-2014 at 05:59 PM

you shoulda said manana, eh? :P

shari - 12-1-2014 at 10:14 PM

told ya......full report at 11...manana

chavycha - 12-1-2014 at 10:18 PM

Guy at lower right says it all.

Wahoo!

T-minus 14 days...

shari - 12-1-2014 at 10:21 PM

I heard today that the kayakers staying at our cabin hooked one today! Oh yeah and sierra & tuna still around too...woot woot

bajabuddha - 12-1-2014 at 10:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chavycha  
Guy at lower right says it all.

Wahoo!

T-minus 14 days...

....... I thought he was waiting for caviar........ :lol:

Skipjack Joe - 12-1-2014 at 11:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
told ya......full report at 11...manana

Love this !!! Not so much the fish as the guy.

Shari, I really think you should print this and frame it. Think how many clients this could bring in.

woody with a view - 12-2-2014 at 06:31 AM

Hogzilla!

acadist - 12-2-2014 at 10:24 PM

It's great to know you all are having an awesome time on this week I set aside for my vacation...........:biggrin: Next year:light:

Bajaboy - 12-2-2014 at 10:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by acadist  
It's great to know you all are having an awesome time on this week I set aside for my vacation...........:biggrin: Next year:light:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm headed back down in a few more weeks:saint: I'll catch a few for you.:P:P