BajaNomad

Mr Monk wins the Belgin Style blind tasting

Santiago - 11-30-2014 at 05:39 PM

Rainy day today so the neighborhood had a blind Belgian style ale tasting. Thelonious won hands down, so to speak. [img][/URL][/img]

Anybody making this style in Baja we can pick up on our winter trip down?

Beer

bajaguy - 11-30-2014 at 05:48 PM

Tres Brewjas of Ensenada is in production now of their wheat and an English Brown

Santiago - 11-30-2014 at 05:53 PM

I'm OK for the brown ale in late spring, early summer, say April 20th to May 1st, but as soon as it's OK to wear white shoes I'll be all over the wheat. Heck, you can even put a slice of citrus in it.

By the way, is there going to be a spring beer festival in Ensenada this spring?

bajaguy - 11-30-2014 at 06:33 PM

I suggest a slice of orange

Still waiting for details. Baja Beer Fest "should" have three events, TJ, Ensenada and Mexicali. Unknown dates, hopefully we will have plenty of lead time....."usually" The Ensenada Baja Beer Fest is in April

The Independent Ensenada Beer Festival group may have something in March, I'll keep you posted

Will save you a case of wheat and a case of English Brown, but you have to pick them up in/before April

Bajaboy - 11-30-2014 at 07:10 PM

Who taught you how to pour:light:

bajaguy - 11-30-2014 at 07:33 PM

I wasn't going to bust his chops about that foam because I'm trying to sell him some beer

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Who taught you how to pour:light:

Santiago - 11-30-2014 at 08:15 PM

Well, If you look at the label, Mr Monk's glass is half head. Just trying to keep it real.