BajaNomad

New Checkpoint

LaTijereta - 12-9-2014 at 02:03 PM

Coming back from Loreto on Monday..

Conapesca had set up a new checkpoint just up the road coming out of El Rosario.. Checking your fish in the coolers AND that you had your fishing license in your possession..

Not sure if this a ongoing.. but be ready if bringing your catch back North..

Howard - 12-9-2014 at 02:18 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Did they say what the limits for filets are or any of their rules?

rts551 - 12-9-2014 at 02:35 PM

or lobster unless receipted! Is this just north of El Rosario? What if someone gave you the fish?

David K - 12-9-2014 at 03:42 PM

What if you surf fish (no license needed)?

LaTijereta - 12-9-2014 at 03:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
or lobster unless receipted! Is this just north of El Rosario? What if someone gave you the fish?

Just up the road from Cactus Pemex..

Get all your "stories" straight...

rts551 - 12-9-2014 at 04:03 PM

no stories. have license. but sometimes am given Lobster. won't be bringing that back.

shari - 12-9-2014 at 05:39 PM

one should never travel with lobster or abalone unless you bought it at a cooperativa or fish market as you are required to show the receipt for them.

KaceyJ - 12-9-2014 at 05:42 PM

I think someone reported this on another forum recently

What kind of inspection did they do and what questions were asked?

rts551 - 12-9-2014 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
one should never travel with lobster or abalone unless you bought it at a cooperativa or fish market as you are required to show the receipt for them.

any shell fish requires a receipt. . That being said...in the 40' some years that I can remember traveling in Baja we have never been asked for receipts. Military never seem to care and certainly the Customs guys never cared (we were not carrying tons).

There have been a lot of pirata and poaching activity this year. One boat was chased up to Santa Rosalillita where the military assisted our coop in nabbing them. I wonder if this is why Conapesca is doing this check point?

aguachico - 12-9-2014 at 06:09 PM

Friends of mine were given a thorough check when returning from Asuncion. They were traveling with a commercial container. The non-conpesca officer gave them a per person weight limit. Off hand I think it was 50-60kilos per person.

The older licenses stated you could posses up to three days of limits, that has since been removed. go figure.