BajaNomad

Bumfuzzle is back in Baja

Stickers - 12-10-2014 at 08:42 PM

They are camped at Concepcion right now.

http://www.bumfuzzle.com

DENNIS - 12-11-2014 at 07:45 AM

Thanks...again. What a wonderful, charmed life with a foto album to match. Keep 'em coming.

David K - 12-11-2014 at 08:07 AM

Nice travel blog! I wonder if MtGoat666 is going to tell him to hit the brakes after reading this, in the blog:

"There are some crazy travelers in the world—compared to guys like this, we are not among them. Riding a bike on Highway Mex 1 is nuts. This picture shows what is probably the widest shoulder on the entire highway. Ninety-nine percent of the time this guy is riding right in the road—a road which would not accommodate two trucks and a bike at the same time."

AndyP - 12-11-2014 at 08:39 AM

I'm sorry but that's a misleading quote. The following two sentences are:

"Another guy we met is running the length of the Americas and doing an average of 50 kilometers (30 miles) a day through Baja. These guys are always treated very well by other travelers when they roll into the campgrounds—definitely given the respect their zaniness deserves."

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Nice travel blog! I wonder if MtGoat666 is going to tell him to hit the brakes after reading this, in the blog:

"There are some crazy travelers in the world—compared to guys like this, we are not among them. Riding a bike on Highway Mex 1 is nuts. This picture shows what is probably the widest shoulder on the entire highway. Ninety-nine percent of the time this guy is riding right in the road—a road which would not accommodate two trucks and a bike at the same time."

mtgoat666 - 12-11-2014 at 03:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

no, i only want to tell you to pull your head out of your fat a.s.s!

DENNIS - 12-11-2014 at 04:58 PM

WOW...astounding repartee. Very impressive.

Paulina - 12-11-2014 at 07:39 PM

Refreshing blog, beautiful family, thanks Stickers for bringing them to our attention.

P>*)))>{

Kgryfon - 12-12-2014 at 12:33 AM

Spent most of the evening reading this blog - it's great! Thanks for posting! Still not done by have to get some sleep for work tomorrow...

woody with a view - 12-12-2014 at 04:53 AM

lucky kids!

DENNIS - 12-12-2014 at 07:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

lucky kids!

For sure. Can you imagine the "world view" they'll have throughout their life without all the social pollution kids grow up with these days?

Stickers - 12-13-2014 at 05:35 PM

Not sure if you guys dug into their blog but they previously (with no experience) sailed a catamaran around the world. That trip took them 4 years.

They then drove an old VW bus all the way from Oregon to Argentina, shipped it to Europe and continued.

They bought a mono hull and lived off of Baja gulf side and Pacific side of mainland Mexico.

Pat is a good writer and conveys insight about living afloat on mono hull vs multi hull and endless refections on all the places and people they visit.

For some reason they like Mexico best :bounce:

It's all in there if you dig it out. Amazing!

Bajahowodd - 12-13-2014 at 05:58 PM

Geez. The dude was a commodities trader who apparently made a crap load of money gouging all of us. He still does trading whilst traveling.

In my opinion, the leaches that are commodities traders make their living off of the general population. They are absolutely unnecessary.

Witness the current slide in oil prices. They drove them up only to make money for themselves and ridiculous profits for the oil companies.

That said, it does look like they are having fun.

Howard - 12-13-2014 at 06:04 PM

Now Howard, was all that necessary? Go to the back of the class. :biggrin:

I have dabbled in commodities and probably have lost more than I have made but the question is, who's fault is it, there's or mine? I choose me.

Remember, love, peace and tacos.

[Edited on 12-14-2014 by Howard]

[Edited on 12-14-2014 by Howard]

grizzlyfsh95 - 12-14-2014 at 10:06 AM

I'm never disappointed here at Nomads. I can always count on some negative, insulting, opinionated rants from Wodd and Goat. Must be some very unhappy lads.

Bajahowodd - 12-14-2014 at 05:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by grizzlyfsh95  
I'm never disappointed here at Nomads. I can always count on some negative, insulting, opinionated rants from Wodd and Goat. Must be some very unhappy lads.

I'm ecstatic! How about you?