BajaNomad

Owning Land in Mexico

Mike Humfreville - 12-29-2004 at 06:39 PM

I have heard that if one of your parents is Mexican you can own land in the restricted zone through regular channels. Does anyone have definitive knowledge of this? Perhaps a referral to a site that states the specifics? Thanks.

bajalou - 12-29-2004 at 07:37 PM

This site is in english and can probably answer your questions, Mike. I Emailed them once and they responded very promptly.

http://www.ajijiclaw.com/

:biggrin:

Santiago - 12-30-2004 at 06:38 AM

Great web-site!

Restricted zone?

Debra - 12-30-2004 at 09:28 PM

Mike, are you talking about near the water? If so, remember the problem Doc. is having with the camp. You might email him and ask.

Anyway.......Happy New Year to you PUTZ! I know you and MA are as bummed as we are that we can't be down ringing in the New Year with our Baja Buddies. :no: :( ........But, we will keep a stiff upper lip as I know you will.....(YEAH RIGHT!) Boo Hoo.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, wishing everyone's next year is better than the last!

Bob and Susan - 12-31-2004 at 06:58 AM

Mike,

I saw that once myself...but since none of my parents are from Mexico I read on...

I think it's in the constitution documents.

I'll look some this weekend and get back to you.

Personally, I think you would be fighting the wave to take this road.

bob
ps
Story of the WAVE....

When at work you're in the WAVE..

Sometimes you're on top surfing down, hang'in ten NO problems....

Soon you are on the bottom with the wave crashing on top of you....

Those who fight the wave drownd...

Those who don't...float to the top for another chance to ride the WAVE....

The only time you are not in the wave is when you are on vacation...

Then you are on the beach under an umbrella drinking a cervesa watching all the others in the WAVE....

That's it...Don't fight the WAVE:lol::lol:

bajalou

Capt. George - 12-31-2004 at 08:01 AM

gracias, great information!

george

bajajudy - 12-31-2004 at 09:08 AM

I agree. Great web site. Thanks
Oh and
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Leave only paw prints!

bajatorres - 12-31-2004 at 06:42 PM

If one of your parents is Mexican it is very easy for you to get Mexican citizenship and purchase property direct. I got Mexican citizenship in the U.S. by going to a Mexican consulate and presenting a birth certificate of one parent that was born in Mexico and my U.S. birth certificate.The cost was very minimal and it didn't take but a couple weeks.

bajatorres

Mike Humfreville - 12-31-2004 at 06:46 PM

Thanks for your reply. Did you have to give up your American citizenship?

YES! Nomads if a great board. Happy New Year!

Mexican citizenship

bajatorres - 12-31-2004 at 06:50 PM

No you don't have to give up your U.S. citizenship.

FrankO - 12-31-2004 at 08:32 PM

Then I guess the real question is this. How hard and how much is it to get mexican birth certificate for one of my parents? Considering my last name it'd probably have to be my mom. Or an inlaw.

Hey Frank,

Mike Humfreville - 12-31-2004 at 08:38 PM

Change your last name to Osama. You should have no trouble... Or was it Obama?

How about

FrankO - 12-31-2004 at 10:47 PM

Ortega?
Well, I sure hope you find what you are looking for. I would love to be able to outright buy down south.... in the meantime I'll be happy w/what I have.

You're a young man Frank.

Mike Humfreville - 12-31-2004 at 11:41 PM

Be patient, plan better than I did, stay with the FD and you'll do just fine. Happy New Year.

Bob and Susan - 1-1-2005 at 09:21 AM

Mike

here it is in article 30.....:yes::yes:

http://www.ilstu.edu/class/hist263/docs/1917const.html#Artic...

Happy New Year

looking good you guys,

capt. mike - 1-1-2005 at 09:34 AM

has to be exciting!!

Land in Mexico...

Mmorgan - 1-26-2005 at 12:30 AM

Re the post about being able to own land in Mexico if you have a Mexican parent, that only applies if you become a citizen. This is a snap if you have a parent who is a citizen or was a citizen when you were born.

MMorgan

Mike Humfreville - 1-26-2005 at 12:46 AM

Thanks for that information. I relayed it on...

Mexican National

briantroy - 1-26-2005 at 12:36 PM

From what I gathered one parent must be, or have been, a national of Mexico at the time of my birth in order for me to be considered for Mexican citizenship? What if that one Mexican parent became a naturalized U.S. citizen before my birth? Anyone have any idea or is this something for an attorney?

[Edited on 1-26-2005 by briantroy]

[Edited on 1-26-2005 by briantroy]

Dave - 1-26-2005 at 12:53 PM

There is fee simple title land available in Baja. You just have to know where to look.;D

Oso - 1-26-2005 at 05:38 PM

You need to understand the difference between Mexican nationality and Mexican citizenship. The relatively recent change in policy of the Mexican gov't involves easily obtained Mexican nationality for children of Mexican citizens. It is not the same as citizenship. Yes it allows you to buy land, no it does not allow you to vote in Mexican elections (no brainer which one of those is more important) As for Mexicans who have immigrated and adopted U.S. citizenship, it doesn't matter. Mexico still considers them citizens. Your local consul can explain the details of this.