BajaNomad

Anybody catch this TV program? Alaska Off Road Warriors

Ken Cooke - 12-20-2014 at 12:49 PM

http://www.history.com/shows/alaska-off-road-warriors/about

I have never seen it, but I plan to tune in - Sunday at 7 pm.

I bet they could make a good version set in Baja! :yes:

LancairDriver - 12-20-2014 at 01:33 PM

I've watched several episodes. Compared to the terrain they tackle in Alaska, the Baja trails look like freeways. Recommended viewing for all off roaders.

TMW - 12-20-2014 at 02:26 PM

Well it would have to be a lot worse than what was shown in that clip. Anytime you have camera crews along think of Ice Road Trucker. Lots of drama with little real action. Besides if I thought I would have to cut a tree limb like they did I'd have a chainsaw with me.

All in all it may be a lot of fun to be a ride along.

vgabndo - 12-21-2014 at 02:34 PM

A total BS program. Bad equipment, absolutely NO environmental consciousness, no seat belts, and the people are so crude I wouldn't want to be forced to hang with them. This is like duck dynasty with old 4 by 4's. Just my opinion. Part of one episode was plenty for me.

chippy - 12-22-2014 at 09:25 AM

Guys with "mullets" makes it un watchable.

mex-gringo - 1-9-2015 at 04:57 PM

Love the offroad vehicles but I agree with chippy....mullets gotta go. lol

chuckie - 1-9-2015 at 06:28 PM

More beer fuddled guys tearing up ground..leaving scars that, in that country, will never heal...WHY?

A little goofy

John M - 1-9-2015 at 09:35 PM

Gee whiz - 8 or 10 days of 4x4 action and they carry one jerry can? Hmmmm, the trucks must be all gas tank!

Was ok the first episode or two, but we watched last week and it's really deteriorated in believability. (is that a word? as spell check doesn't like it)

John M

David K - 1-10-2015 at 09:02 AM

We need a 'Baja Off Road Warriors' show with Ken Cooke and others (with nice cut hair) to host it! LOL

Travelers on the Pole Line Road, Mission Santa Maria Road, Puertecitos to Gonzaga Bay before 1986 road, etc. all gets you on instantly!

Skipjack Joe - 1-10-2015 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
A total BS program. Bad equipment, absolutely NO environmental consciousness, no seat belts, and the people are so crude I wouldn't want to be forced to hang with them. This is like duck dynasty with old 4 by 4's. Just my opinion. Part of one episode was plenty for me.

Totally agree. The dregs of American society.

PaulW - 1-11-2015 at 10:13 AM

I guess that channel is hurting for new content? I disapprove.
PW

Seatbelts optional in Alaska?

Ken Cooke - 2-1-2015 at 08:48 PM

TMW - 2-2-2015 at 10:44 AM

PLEASE, that is poor acting at it's best.

durrelllrobert - 2-2-2015 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
I've watched several episodes. Compared to the terrain they tackle in Alaska, the Baja trails look like freeways. Recommended viewing for all off roaders.

Don't need to cut any trees in Baja either