BajaNomad

Telcel Deal

monoloco - 12-23-2014 at 07:50 AM

Telcel is currently offering double data on their Telcel Pro Plan. so for 299 pesos a month you can get 300 calling minutes and 1.2 GB of data and for 399 get 500 minutes and 2GB, there are plans all the way up to 1999 pesos a month that will give you unlimited calling and 5GB of data. All these plans offer unlimited Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter use also. I don't know how long the double data offer goes for but you can call *264 for more info. It's pretty darn handy to have that data when a hurricane hits and cellular is the only internet available. It's also nice to have sufficient data when on the road, so you can use your phone as a hotspot.

[Edited on 12-23-2014 by monoloco]

unbob - 1-3-2015 at 09:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Telcel is currently offering double data on their Telcel Pro Plan. so for 299 pesos a month you can get 300 calling minutes and 1.2 GB of data and for 399 get 500 minutes and 2GB, there are plans all the way up to 1999 pesos a month that will give you unlimited calling and 5GB of data. All these plans offer unlimited Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter use also. I don't know how long the double data offer goes for but you can call *264 for more info. It's pretty darn handy to have that data when a hurricane hits and cellular is the only internet available. It's also nice to have sufficient data when on the road, so you can use your phone as a hotspot.
I would love to have at least 2-3GB of data per month but don't need voice or text. Does Telcel offer a "data-only" plan? Are their data plans 3G? Any info appreciated!

AKgringo - 1-3-2015 at 10:29 AM

Last week at a Kmart in Northern California, I saw Telcel, no contract, Android phones on sale for $49 (regular price $79). The basic service started at $29 for 30 days service. I use almost no data, so my ATT Go phone gives me more days of service for less money.
You can find rates for the other plans by searching 'Telcel America plans'
What was interesting to me, is that the exterior of the package was entirely in Spanish.

As with ATT, the US coverage is far more generous than in Mexico. It must be great to be Carlos Slim!

[Edited on 1-3-2015 by AKgringo]

ATT

Cm1401 - 1-4-2015 at 12:49 PM

While reading further, it does not include the data in MX or Canada, it has an option for data south of the border, on a related note, it appears that TELCEL has dropped the long distance charges for calling internationally from their cell phones, still,trying to confirm

ATT

Cm1401 - 1-4-2015 at 01:03 PM

While reading further, it does not include the data in MX or Canada, it has an option for data south of the border, on a related note, it appears that TELCEL has dropped the long distance charges for calling internationally from their cell phones, still,trying to confirm

monoloco - 1-4-2015 at 06:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cm1401  
The Mexican congress passed a law that went into effect Jan. 1 that eliminates long distance fees on cell phones and landlines for calls within Mexico. Carlos Slim promptly dropped Telmex's plans for a new higher capacity fiber optic cable in Baja and BCS, dooming us to internet speeds that are slower than the second coming, for the foreseeable future.