BajaNomad

Wondering about a couple of friends who are late coming home from Santa Rosalia

redhilltown - 12-29-2014 at 12:30 AM

I would assume many Nomads have had situations like this where friends are a bit late getting home so I don't want this to be a "very concerned" thread but maybe someone ran into them. My friend Brian emailed a couple of us on Friday that he had severely injured his back at Santa Rosalia and could barely drive but was on his way back home ASAP. Once again, this was Friday afternoon. Have not heard from them since. He had mentioned getting to San Quintin on Friday...which means his back was so bad he didn't want to go thru Coco's and San Luis Gonzaga the way he usually goes...he hates the Pacific drive home and always crosses at Tecate.

Of course there are a few scenarios that do not merit worrying... they are driving a 2000 silver Tacoma...slightly lifted with an A.R.E shell and Coco stickers on the back plus a Mex Highway 1 sticker. Brian is a big guy and his wife Annette is with him and I think a few of you have met them. Hoping he is holed up somewhere waiting to cross on a weekday and doesn't have internet access...but if any of you have run across them, please let me know! Thanks!

micah202 - 12-29-2014 at 11:40 AM

...bump!....I hope all works out allright ;)

desertcpl - 12-29-2014 at 02:06 PM

if he was able to get to San Quintin

they do have some fairy good medical care facilities

hope things turn out good,,

Hook - 12-29-2014 at 04:11 PM

I have been laid up for DAYS, while living on the road, by a bad back. When it's bad, there is no driving possible.

Let's hope that's all it is.

redhilltown - 12-29-2014 at 04:29 PM

Thanks for the bump...very much appreciated. Still haven't heard from them and even had they waited until this morning to cross the border they would have been way in range for cell phones by now. Had they been at San Quintin they would have emailed...they have stayed at Jardines before and I contacted them and they have not been there. Can't find an email that works for the SQ Mision Inn.

Kind of hoping (though wish he would have said something) that he decided the hot springs at Canon de Guadalupe would be the best thing for his back

I will post as soon as I hear something. Thanks for the good words...am sure it will turn out fine.

A-OK - 12-29-2014 at 09:27 PM

Wishing them safe. Driving and severe back pain can be crippling. You say he'd be taking the 5 north? If I was having back issues, id stay on the 1 all the way up to avoid the dirt into Gonzaga and then the ruthless vados from Puertecitos to Punta Estrella. Just throwing that out there to not discount the route they may have taken.

overdue friends

bajorge - 12-29-2014 at 10:28 PM

I met a couple here this evening at hotel mission catavina. The bad back and the truck match up. They said they were heading for home tomorrow to avoid the weekend mashup at the border. If I see them I'll let them know folks are looking for them.

redhilltown - 12-30-2014 at 12:44 AM

Hey Jorge...thanks so much!

I had tried to contact that hotel but couldn't get thru...makes perfect sense they would be there...

And good point as to the internet...if you have it so should they?

Anyways...sounds great and really appreciate it.

BajaBlanca - 12-30-2014 at 04:13 PM

Annette signed them in, if this couple is from San Pedro, CA.

they left this morning

We were passing thru Catavinia on our way home just 3 hours ago.

redhilltown - 12-30-2014 at 04:24 PM

That's them!

Thank you so much BajaBlanca and everyone for the help... this board can be so amazing!

DENNIS - 12-30-2014 at 05:11 PM

Great. A happy ending.

chavycha - 12-30-2014 at 07:42 PM

Well done. We've been stranded without communication a few times and it's no fun knowing that people on the other end are worried.

micah202 - 12-31-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Great. A happy ending.

that's true,,maybe they had a couple's massage ;)

redhilltown - 1-1-2015 at 01:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by micah202  
Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Great. A happy ending.

that's true,,maybe they had a couple's massage ;)

What happens in Baja, stays in Baja!! :)