BajaNomad

I resolve to be a better Nomad in 2015

AKgringo - 12-31-2014 at 06:31 PM

With the turn of the new year, and my recent graduation from junior to full Nomad, I paused to reflect on how I can do it better!

I resolve to do a better job of searching for an answer to a question that has been asked many times before, and maybe bump that thread if I still have a question or comment.

I will try to avoid hijacking someone else's thread, unless the author does it first, or gets their answer, or the topic has been beaten to death.

Pictures not prose! Instead of my long winded descriptions on road reports, I will take snap shots and learn to use those six simple steps to size and post my photos. Two steps would be a lot better for the users (twelve was too many for me)

I will use the 'Preview Post' feature more often, not just to spot errors, but to ask myself if that is really what I want to post! Maybe I won't come off looking like a fool, or a troll as often.

I will refrain from taking cheap shots at more senior/elite/exalted/etc Nomads, except for maybe David K. He is an easy target, it it doesn't seem to bother him.

What else can I do to better communicate with my fellow travelers?

rts551 - 12-31-2014 at 07:16 PM

with the promised improvements, maybe you will have 1 step pictures! Hopefully

woody with a view - 12-31-2014 at 07:52 PM

you can spend more time SOB, take good pictures of your adventures and contribute to the sandbox, just don't pick sides!

T minus 8 daze......

AKgringo - 12-31-2014 at 07:57 PM

Woody, Agree x 3!

Looking at April

Marc - 1-1-2015 at 08:37 AM

It would be great to post pictures without all the steps needed. Like FaceBook??

David K - 1-1-2015 at 09:59 AM

The photo posting steps is mostly just a one time set up, I made it in tiny steps so anyone here could do it and not miss anything. To continue posting after that set up is nothing more than pasting the IMG links on to the Nomad page from your Photobucket album.

AS for 2015, Nomad postings, how about this?:

Here's a Nomad 3 step program:

*Make love not war!

*If you can't say anything nice or help others, then don't.

*If you don't like a Baja activity then don't ruin it for others who do.

Marc - 1-1-2015 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The photo posting steps is mostly just a one time set up, I made it in tiny steps so anyone here could do it and not miss anything. To continue posting after that set up is nothing more than pasting the IMG links on to the Nomad page from your Photobucket album.

AS for 2015, Nomad postings, how about this?:

Here's a Nomad 3 step program:

*Make love not war!

*If you can't say anything nice or help others, then don't.

*If you don't like a Baja activity then don't ruin it for others who do.

Indeed!

55steve - 1-1-2015 at 02:18 PM

One of my 2014 resolutions was to keep my online persona completely apolitical and I was mostly successful - I will strive to continue this year as well!