BajaNomad

Launching at Cerritos and tin boat available?

Tod - 1-2-2015 at 11:03 AM

Couple things:
Sierra fishing picked up yesterday on the beach....caught 7 and 6 of them between 9-11 AM which is not usual. Wind scared me off beach this morning.

December 31 went out of Punta Lobo with a MX friend who has a rough 14' Gregor and 20 hp Tohatsu. Caught bonito, china and then trolled and caught 1 dorado.

Got me looking into getting my own set up....14' Klamath, Gregor 15hp 2 stroke and so on.

But, I heard today that someone just shut down Cerritos for launching and that local fisherman are looking into working with ejido to reopen. Anyone know more information. Hate to invest in a good fishing set up and then have that option for launching taken away.

Also, anyone know of a good fishing boat set up and available in Baja Sur for sale?

Thanks!

monoloco - 1-2-2015 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tod  
Couple things:
Sierra fishing picked up yesterday on the beach....caught 7 and 6 of them between 9-11 AM which is not usual. Wind scared me off beach this morning.

December 31 went out of Punta Lobo with a MX friend who has a rough 14' Gregor and 20 hp Tohatsu. Caught bonito, china and then trolled and caught 1 dorado.

Got me looking into getting my own set up....14' Klamath, Gregor 15hp 2 stroke and so on.

But, I heard today that someone just shut down Cerritos for launching and that local fisherman are looking into working with ejido to reopen. Anyone know more information. Hate to invest in a good fishing set up and then have that option for launching taken away.

Also, anyone know of a good fishing boat set up and available in Baja Sur for sale?

Thanks!
Tony Cordova who owns the Cerritos Beach Club apparently believes that having a crappy plywood restaurant selling overpriced low quality food and drinks gives him the right to control access to the beach, so he had his workers sink pilings in the middle of the public access road we use to launch our boats. I have been in contact with the comisariado of the ejido and they are plenty peeed. My lawyer in La Paz tells me that this is not legal, but this is Mexico, so we'll see.

chavycha - 1-2-2015 at 01:03 PM

U2U message to ya.