BajaNomad

Land Cruiser's Heading to Baja

krazytoy - 1-2-2015 at 11:30 AM

My good friend Ian and I (Jason) will be heading down the Sea of Cortez side of Baja. We plan on crossing at Mexicali on January 16th and heading down to possibly Bahia de Conception if time permits. I have 10 days and he plans to stay for 5-6 weeks surfing the Pacific side. Here is a shot of our 2 Land Cruisers. His is 80 series and mine a 60 series, both sport Chevy V8's and many more goodies. Ian has been down before so hopefully we don't have any problems finding our way. We will be camping out of our rigs for the entire time. Just wanted to say thanks to this site for so much helpful information and if anyone see's us feel free to stop and have a cerveza.

David K - 1-2-2015 at 11:34 AM

Welcome to Baja Nomad...

Have a wonderful time, take photos, post a trip report when you get back!

krazytoy - 1-2-2015 at 11:37 AM

Thanks David.
The plan is to take lots of pictures and video footage with the GoPro and put together a trip report. All the ones I have read have provided great information and I plan to add to the library!

shari - 1-2-2015 at 11:48 AM

I think your Land Cruisers would like to visit the other family members here in Asuncion!!!have a great trip boys!

Marc - 1-3-2015 at 08:19 AM

Sweet rides. Don't forget to post pics.:cool::cool::cool:

BooJumMan - 1-3-2015 at 09:47 AM

Just got back in my 80 series. This trip was the first time not seeing another land cruiser. Drove about 900 miles and not 1. Of course I saw about 4000 Tacoma's, most with boards on top. Most surfers I've seen down there in a while. No surf so me and the GF went to the Cortez. Good luck. Went through a ton of deep mud pits, moon dust and slick sticky salt flats. Needed the dual lockers a few times which made the trip much more fun. A little nerve wracking when you're solo though.

[Edited on 1-3-2015 by BooJumMan]

woody with a view - 1-3-2015 at 09:54 AM

T minus 4 daze.....

TOYS

captkw - 1-3-2015 at 11:43 AM

Hola, what state are you coming from ?? any pics of your motor ??

BajaRat - 1-3-2015 at 02:32 PM

You got the rigs, time and friends
Have fun !
Photos for all the home sick :cool:

krazytoy - 1-3-2015 at 08:03 PM

Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to put together a trip report when we return! I'm coming from Idaho and Ian is from Whoming, many miles to cover before we cross the border, but we are prepared. I have some pics of my engine, I'll post on Monday. I run a 5.3l and Ian runs a 5.7l, both backed up by 4l60e transmissions and Toyota split T-Cases. Both rigs are locked front and rear and lots of other goodies.

sweet !!

captkw - 1-4-2015 at 07:17 PM

We can do that 0ut here in calif. "land of the Fee" SMOG !!!

Maron - 1-5-2015 at 01:54 PM

Enjoy, become a regular

Bob53 - 1-5-2015 at 01:58 PM

Safe travels!