BajaNomad

Asuncion Antics

shari - 1-4-2015 at 09:24 AM

We have had a wonderful holiday season here in Asuncion with lots of amazing folks visiting. I want to thank Stadingwave for building us a beautiful room divider for our new office at the Inn that started the ball rolling for yet another new idea which was to display some local artists work here. Now I have a place to display my jewellery too!

Our pal Betita makes the most exquisite jewellery including fantastic dog collars. Her fish prints are really cool too...she can make you a neat art piece of the fish you catch...kind of an artistic taxidermy! Here are some examples hanging in our new gallery/office! I love the colours!

Internationally renown painter Nancy Pridham hung some of her paintings depicting local scenes...recognize Juan anyone?

Nomad Motoged has a new occupation...bartender! I gotta say, his margaritas are the best I have tasted...right up there with Hussongs!

So we raise our glasses to you amigos...all the best in 2015!!!

bajabuddha - 1-4-2015 at 10:06 AM

... I can hear Chuckie's teeth gnashing from here.... ;)

TMW - 1-4-2015 at 10:54 AM

Very nice and happy 2015 to you and yours and all Nomads.

David K - 1-4-2015 at 11:31 AM

Cheers!

güéribo - 1-4-2015 at 11:46 AM

This is so cool. Local art! Love it, especially the paintings of local scenes.

Skipjack Joe - 1-4-2015 at 12:27 PM

glburros? I thought you were joking.

But replace the 'r' with 's' in glarses and you come up with glburros.

Doug has a sense of humor.

Whale-ista - 1-4-2015 at 03:32 PM

Looks wonderful Shari!
Will you have some of the art for sale in Palapa #1 at the lagoon?

I'm working on returning with a caravan of whale lovers this spring- will U2U w/questions re:dates, possible hotels, etc. as I gather more Information from the travellers.

Finally: a toast and raised glas$ to you and other Nomads for un Prospero y Feliz 2015!

shari - 1-4-2015 at 05:04 PM

Whalista...we look forward to your visit and yes Beth will have her art and jewellery at the whale magic palapa. Try to avoid Presidents Day Weekend if you can. I am so stoked about this season...2 more sleeps till whale snogging!

chuckie - 1-4-2015 at 07:22 PM

like Buddha said.............AAAAAAaaaargh! why aint I there???

BajaDanD - 1-4-2015 at 10:20 PM

Jen and Isabella and I will see you at the Lagoon early March

Whale-ista - 1-4-2015 at 11:32 PM

We're looking at Semana Santa. My sister and her friends will be coming over from Arizona. Will meet up with more here in San Diego and caravan down together.

I look forward to being down soon!

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Whalista...we look forward to your visit and yes Beth will have her art and jewellery at the whale magic palapa. Try to avoid Presidents Day Weekend if you can. I am so stoked about this season...2 more sleeps till whale snogging!

shari - 1-5-2015 at 07:35 AM

It will be San Ignacio for whales if you come in Semana Santa Whalista!

Anyone in the neighbourhood of the lagoon around March 3rd...the annual birthday extravaganza is lots of fun!...see ya then DanD!

blowing a kiss your way Chuckie darling!

BajaLuna - 1-6-2015 at 04:57 PM

looks like you all had a wonderful Holiday!

Betita's art IS beautiful and these pics (although good) but do not to her work justice, her art is so very colorful and vibrant! And Nancy's art is superb too!

what are this year's dates for whale watching, Shari?

missing Baja, ugh!

shari - 1-8-2015 at 07:51 PM

Baja Luna...I just got back now from a glorious 2 days with whales at Ojo de Liebre and will do a trip report tomorrow. There were more whales than I have ever seen there this early in the year...it was like February in there with whales all around us. Dozens of babies too...so you can whale watch till the end of March...baja is missing you too!