BajaNomad

RIP Gene Trepagnier

bajafreaks - 1-4-2015 at 03:30 PM

Friend of Baja, Gene Trepagnier unfortunately passed away in San Francisco on 12/31.
Gene and his wife Traci spent many years in La Playita. He was a retired school teacher from the bay area, uncle Gene introduced my wife and I to Baja many years ago and we would enjoy family trips down to La Playita. He truly loved the area and the people and will be missed by many.
RIP Genio thanks for the memories.

David K - 1-4-2015 at 04:23 PM

RIP/DEP to your uncle. Sounds like a great guy.

Whale-ista - 1-4-2015 at 04:28 PM

Condolences for your loss- it sounds like Gene shared a wonderful gift by introducing you to Baja.

People live on thru our memories of the times we spent with them, so I hope you continue to enjoy reminiscing about the trips you took together!

bajajudy - 1-4-2015 at 05:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear this.
Haven't seen them down here in a long time but I never pass their old place that I don't think of them.

Please give Traci Jim and Judy's condolences.

bajabuddha - 1-5-2015 at 09:16 AM

An old adage says we die twice; the first is when the body fails, the second is when our name is last-spoken.

I speak of many Baja teachers who have gone before me, friends and family alike.

Never met him, but may he live on for many years in tearful joy and memories.

Genecag - 1-5-2015 at 09:49 AM

Happy Baja Trails, Gene!!

bajafreaks - 1-6-2015 at 02:37 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
My wife and I told Uncle Gene several years ago that some day when we build our house in Baja we'll name it after him, as we all know its customary to name your casa in Mexico. That dream is coming true we hope to start building within the next year...it will be Casa Genio. :)