BajaNomad

Easy Launch Baja Boat

LancairDriver - 1-9-2015 at 10:09 AM

Here's a boat that can make launching from the beach a lot easier.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/s0I-76_pHLQ

rdrrm8e - 1-9-2015 at 04:24 PM

Coolage

get real !!

captkw - 1-9-2015 at 07:26 PM

Nice Outboard !!!

Anphib

skippermike - 1-10-2015 at 11:23 AM

We just had a similar boat(?) delivered to our boat yard as a tender/toy for a large yacht.
Without the trick front and back wheels it looks like a heavy duty, hard bottom inflatable.
It has the bow wheel shown in the photo, and stern wheels on the transom. Each wheel has a motor - electric, I guess.
The wheel assemblies pivot up and down by hydraulics - having said that, I guess the wheel motors could be hydraulic.
Having the up and down, as well as the motive power all be hydraulic would be pretty cool!
It is not my customer, so I've just heard that this boat-thing can run up to a beach and deploy its large off road tires and run up the beach, almost non-stop.
I'll try to find out more about it.

watizname - 1-10-2015 at 12:03 PM

Reminds me of coming across from the channel Islands in my old 20' open skipjack before the eisenglass c-ckpit. Kinda wet, even in that lake. But I wouldn't turn it down. :coolup:

dizzyspots - 1-10-2015 at 04:23 PM

www.sealegs.com entry level 20 ft RIB WITHOUT outboard is $89000US

Gulliver - 1-10-2015 at 04:50 PM

Expensive fish they caught.

Hook - 1-10-2015 at 04:58 PM

What is powering the wheels? A battery bank?

willardguy - 1-10-2015 at 05:00 PM

I'd like to have one with just the hydraulic raising and lowering wheels without the drive! :light:

bkbend - 1-11-2015 at 09:51 AM

A lotta crap hanging around the hull ready to snag line when that big (insert your target fish here) make a run as it sees the boat.

SeaLegs

skippermike - 1-11-2015 at 11:59 AM

Yeah - That looks like the one in our yard.
Has a large outboard - like, maybe, a Yamaha 250. That is an expensive add-on to the already-expensive boat.
I'll find out what powers the lifts for the wheels. They could easily be hydraulic, like trim tab motors.
If the wheel motors are also hydraulic, they'd need a larger hydraulic power source - like what would drive a windless or bow thruster. That would require some sort of genset or a quite large battery bank - even if the wheel power was only used for a few minutes at a time.
Way more interesting than "What tin boat should I buy for beach launching in Baja?".