BajaNomad

Accident Mex1 Thursday 1/8/15

aguachico - 1-10-2015 at 08:33 AM

you can delete this mods. porfa
not retyping the message.

[Edited on 1-10-2015 by aguachico]

[Edited on 1-10-2015 by aguachico]

David K - 1-10-2015 at 08:43 AM

You need to remove any accent marks, degree symbols, or tildes over the letter n for any text to appear here (due to software issue that the forum host needs to deal with). There are issues with pasting text from Word, as well... Typing directly here, without the symbols mentioned above works fine.

aguachico - 1-10-2015 at 08:57 AM

ok; understood.

Yes I was posting text from an email sent to me. about an accident two hours south of el rosario.

If your bbs is being hosted on a citrix vm, there is a fix for the copy and paste.

David K - 1-10-2015 at 09:09 AM

Well was it this accident reported by the El Rosario/ Baja Cactus rescue group? PHOTOS: https://www.facebook.com/HalconesdelDesierto

January 8, 2015 / 10:28 am... Hawks in the desert to be active in response to a so - called the comandancia police Catavina. Are reporting a collision frontal between two cars at KM. 118 to the south of El Rosario, with wounded graves. Our volunteers Luis Alvarado, fenkia Carlos e Isela Osuna come immediately to help ;

Unfortunately due to the remoteness of the accident, one of the people concerned has died before he could get to the place. From then to meet and inmovilizar to another one of those injured who has some serious contusions and hemorrhages internal which endanger your life, in order subsequently be directed at full speed back to El Rosario, where is stabilized by doctors of the health center local: Delia Gonzalez and Marco lomeli.

However, the patient is still very delicate due to the seriousness of his wounds for which our volunteers, and following instructions to the doctors, the transferring of the matter of urgency, to a hospital in cabbage. Vicente Warrior, entregandola an hour later in the emergency room of the same, where is quickly sent back to surgery to address their wounds and begin his recovery. Our volunteers come back home at 3:20, pm, almost 5 hours, after having gone to respond to this emergency. A big achievement for our volunteers and doctors of the health center, who combined efforts with delivery, altruism and love their neighbors for helping with this incident.

Hawks in the desert, always in the service of their community. I know a part of our efforts... Together we can save lives!!!
Automatically Translated

[Edited on 1-10-2015 by David K]

Marc - 1-10-2015 at 10:27 AM

This kind of thing never leaves my mind.

Ateo - 1-10-2015 at 10:47 AM

A head on collision is always on my mind on that stretch. You are potentially hours from help. Speeds are high and if someone takes a quick look down at their phone an accident can occur.

Thanks Desert Hawks.

Condolences to the families.

aguachico - 1-10-2015 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Well was it this accident reported by the El Rosario/ Baja Cactus rescue group? PHOTOS: https://www.facebook.com/HalconesdelDesierto

Automatically Translated

[Edited on 1-10-2015 by David K]

Yes. My friend rolled up on this a few minutes after it happened.
He held the women's hand, she had a broken back or hips. The Amercian contractor traveling north is believed to have fell asleep at the wheel.

The ambulance took 90 minutes to arrive.

redhilltown - 1-13-2015 at 12:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
A head on collision is always on my mind on that stretch. You are potentially hours from help. Speeds are high and if someone takes a quick look down at their phone an accident can occur.

Thanks Desert Hawks.

Condolences as well. Like Mark I think of this often and the new road towards San Luis Gonzaga and beyond really get me thinking...high speeds with virtually no infrastructure to support any sort of accident...absolutely nothing to the south and San Felipe to the north...and no way to call either direction. Be careful out there.

woody with a view - 1-13-2015 at 08:16 AM

we passed the ambulance as it was headed north. we were able to find a detour around the accident as the road was closed.

aguachico - 1-13-2015 at 08:35 AM

I was told that all passengers had their seat belts on.
It was a 4 hour delay for my friend. They used his floorboard from his inflatable to move the elderly women with the broken bones.

Pescador - 1-13-2015 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

Thanks Desert Hawks.

Do not know why they would look at their phone in that stretch because there is no signal.

A friend from Chivato had a head on in almost the same area when an ongoing car caught on fire and they were both on a straight away.