BajaNomad

San Jose Consular Agency

Wally - 1-13-2015 at 12:16 PM

Spoke to someone in Tijuana Consulate. They said the San Jose office is going to re-open next week. No info on the State Department or TJ Consulate website. Stay tuned.

David K - 1-13-2015 at 02:19 PM

I thought it (U.S. consulate) was in Cabo San Lucas? Thank you!

Sandlefoot - 1-13-2015 at 02:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I thought it (U.S. consulate) was in Cabo San Lucas? Thank you!

David, it is like a lot of things in that neck of the woods. Half way between the two and still referred as "in Cabo". They were in a small shopping center, in a room that was at ground level on the back side and it think it got filled with water during Odile!!! I also heard they were about to reopen and get back to work as usual, but not heard any dates. I once heard that God laughs every time some one makes a plan in Mexico!!!!:lol:

Happy Trails

[Edited on 1-13-2015 by Sandlefoot]

[Edited on 1-13-2015 by Sandlefoot]

Wally - 1-13-2015 at 07:44 PM

It had been in the Shoppes at Palmilla in San Jose for the last couple of years.

Los Cabos consulate

Hooker33 - 1-15-2015 at 12:49 PM

Anything new on the reopening of the US consulate in San Jose? I will need notary service soon.

Wally - 1-21-2015 at 08:41 AM

Stopped by at 8:30 yesterday morning. The "closed due to the storm" sign was still on the window. Looking in though it looked clean and organized. Maybe a day or two, maybe not.....

karenintx - 1-21-2015 at 09:04 AM

I sure hope this happens...sooner than later. The hubby's passport expires mid-March. About four weeks ago when we call the US consulate office in SJD we discovered it had been transferred to MEX. At that time he was told he could come to MEX, go to TIJ or back to the USA. At this time his plans are going back to the USA in mid-February. I will keep my fingers crossed he can renew here!

Wally, thanks so much for the updates. Any future updates would be greatly appreciated.

Wally - 1-27-2015 at 02:35 PM

Contacted the TJ consulate yesterday to find out why the office was not open as of Friday. The response was vague but the take-away was that the place had not sufficiently been cleaned up by the landlord and wasn't safe... possibly due to mold.... There is now no specific date as to when they plan to open.

We have a passport expiring in 3 weeks and emailed the TJ office asking what to do. Haven't heard back.

akbear - 1-27-2015 at 02:56 PM

I called the local phone # (Palmilla)twice last week, it rings in Mexico City. The man I got transferred to said it will 2 more months. Lack of security.
My passport expired last Sat.