BajaNomad

Scotty's El Candil Restaurant and Music

Pescador - 1-17-2015 at 08:16 AM

Even though there were two music venues last night in Mulege, the turnout exceeded all expectations at El Candil. I have never played a restaurant / bar where I was made to feel so welcome, not only by the clientele but the owners went out of their way in appreciation for the help we gave them to draw in some extra people.

Our next date there is January 30, and the owners plan on having a special roast beef dinner at a special price, so more details will be following.

Darlene, "Songbird" Humphrey, Pepe, "Los Perrones de la Sierra" Villegas, and Jim "El Mariachi Gringo" Anderson, rounded out the
group and a fun time was had by all.

BajaBlanca - 1-17-2015 at 11:20 AM

Wish Mulege were closer so I could sing with you all!

tiotomasbcs - 1-17-2015 at 11:42 AM

Arriba Mulege Musica. Good times and some revenues for a worthy Pueblo. Is the food still very good? Espero que si! Tomas

Pescador - 1-17-2015 at 01:17 PM

Scotty taught these two guys very well and the quality is still very good.
There will always be a few little changes with new management, but for the most part it is business as usual. He worked with these guys for a long time and they learned their lessons well. I like them both and that is one of the reasons we offered to play for them (for free of course) to see if it would stimulate business a little.