BajaNomad

STOLEN GOODS in La Bocana - ARRESTED PERPS,

BajaBlanca - 1-17-2015 at 04:02 PM

It is with great anger that I post that stolen goods have been found in la bocana. we have been having a rash of petty thefts -

I think these goods may come from Punta Abreojos but they could be from anywhere off the grid:

I will post more pics later - there are fishing rods and other miscellaneous goods.

does anyone recognize the name ROGER DODGER? hHis name and someone named Ray appear

[Edited on 1-23-2015 by BajaBlanca]

David K - 1-17-2015 at 04:16 PM

I hope they weren't stolen to pay the taxes that Abreojos charges?!!

(good job Blanca... I hope the owner is found) :light:

rts551 - 1-17-2015 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Shut up Jerk. Blanca. This is indeed serious. I think I know who. Go to Facebook. This site lacks integrity.

rts551 - 1-17-2015 at 04:35 PM

Blanca. These belong to one of my neighbors.

rts551 - 1-17-2015 at 05:41 PM

Thank you Blanca. Their house looks OK (their neighbor was broken into a couple of years ago). The Delegada is contacting the La Bocana police for info.

bajabuddha - 1-17-2015 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Shut up Jerk. Blanca. This is indeed serious. I think I know who. Go to Facebook. This site lacks integrity.

Sorry, RTS... can't let this one go. No matter your opinion on the person, I feel YOU were a little out of line on this one.

I understand it's your neighbor's property; but the ''Shut up Jerk." was over the top. One thing this site lacks is a friggin' sense of humor in all things, especially bad things. Neil Simon is quoted as saying: "The flames of humor arise out of other people's misfortunes"..... hence, the pie-in-the-face. If we can't laugh at our misfortunes, we live in a sense of hate and retribution.

Yes, this is indeed serious. What ain't? I think you owe an apology to the site (regardless of to whom). I don't agree with DK on 95% of his B.S., but this time, you're the name-caller.

Peace, out.

bb.:coolup:

[Edited on 1-18-2015 by bajabuddha]

rts551 - 1-17-2015 at 06:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Sorry, RTS... can't let this one go. No matter your opinion on the person, I feel YOU were a little out of line on this one.

I understand it's your neighbor's property; but the ''Shut up Jerk." was over the top. One thing this site lacks is a friggin' sense of humor in all things, especially bad things. Neil Simon is quoted as saying: "The flames of humor arise out of other people's misfortunes"..... hence, the pie-in-the-face. If we can't laugh at our misfortunes, we live in a sense of hate and retribution.

Yes, this is indeed serious. What ain't? I think you owe an apology to the site (regardless of to whom). I don't agree with DK on 95% of his B.S., but this time, you're the name-caller.

Peace, out.

bb.:coolup:

You are right. I should of ignored his idiot comment. sorry. Trying to find out if a house was broken into was on my mind more than being politically correct.

woody with a view - 1-17-2015 at 07:32 PM

if someone takes my chiite i hope my BN cred is sufficient to allow me to vent!

BajaBlanca - 1-17-2015 at 08:59 PM

looks like we found the owner. thanks Ralph and all is OK ,David K

these were stolen to support a drug habit, sick dude is making us all miserable over here

:mad:

Pescador - 1-18-2015 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
looks like we found the owner. thanks Ralph and all is OK ,David K

these were stolen to support a drug habit, sick dude is making us all miserable over here

Prescription: Baptisim (hold their head under the water until such time as the bubbles stop).

woody with a view - 1-18-2015 at 09:02 AM

take him fishing and see if he can swim?

BajaBlanca - 1-18-2015 at 10:32 AM

:light:

norte - 1-18-2015 at 11:14 AM

wow I thought Nomads were supposed to be helpful. Forum reflects baja though...a site in transition.

BajaRat - 1-18-2015 at 11:33 AM

I'm glad they got their stuff back, nice work on the cactus telegraph Blanca. Lucky you caught the guy. If he doesn't get treatment and word spreads hopefully the locals will run him out of town. We had so many sick and sleepless nights after that meth head sold all our personal property and burned our place down. I must say I'm a bit nervous bout bringing the new old trailer down but we're not giving up the dream

Whale-ista - 1-18-2015 at 12:00 PM

Blanca- thanks for keeping people posted and helping them recover stolen merchandise.

We had several break-ins when I was living in San Miguel. Drugs were involved then as well (more low level narcotraficante than user/addict)

It's disheartening to return home and find things in such a mess, and going thru the police reports, insurance claims etc. is no fun at all.

So- speaking from this experience- I'm sure your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

tweakers

captkw - 1-18-2015 at 12:44 PM

give them FREE,, RAT piosen and tell them its a new kind of meth..

Skipjack Joe - 1-18-2015 at 01:27 PM

Bajablanca,

If you find a bumper cargo rack it belongs to one of the recent visitors to asuncion. It was stolen from the vehicle while camped at campo sirena about a month ago. Shari can get in touch with the man. Actually that's pretty far from la bocana. I think it's unlikely.

BajaBlanca - 1-18-2015 at 01:58 PM

Not really far at all. I will advise the police. Is a Pic possible?

BajaBlanca - 1-18-2015 at 02:06 PM

By the way, the guy has been ID'd for some thefts but every time he goes to prison, his rich daddy bails him out.

Our buddy here in town who was robbed has hired an attorney to try and make the charge stick with no bail.....

Norte, I'm not sure I understand your comment? The thief is a local La Bocanan, he has stolen from many here in la bocana and now from someone in La Baliza, the part of Abreojos that is off the grid

David was joking around, just joking and referring to another thread. We do not pay taxes here, so the joke does not even have any bearing on this case.....which he didn't realize.

W need this man put away before he harms someone in his angst to steal for drugs!

:fire:

rts551 - 1-18-2015 at 02:08 PM

Two houses broken into. one is trashed

willardguy - 1-18-2015 at 02:22 PM

makes you wonder if this meth amphetamine chit just won't be the downfall of civilization! I don't see it going away...:(

monoloco - 1-18-2015 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I have a neighbor that leaves a bottle of liquor laced with antifreeze in the house just incase the intruders are thirsty.

rts551 - 1-18-2015 at 03:18 PM

hmmmm.

vandenberg - 1-18-2015 at 03:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
]I have a neighbor that leaves a bottle of liquor laced with antifreeze in the house just incase the intruders are thirsty.

Dangerous game, which could easily misfire or even backfire.

DianaT - 1-18-2015 at 03:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I have a neighbor that leaves a bottle of liquor laced with antifreeze in the house just incase the intruders are thirsty.

Yes, being robbed is such a terrible feeling of personal invasion and it is not a feeling that goes away quickly, but I just can't see this. Is potentially taking the life of possibly a child worth it? I don't think so.

And yes, there is always the chance it could backfire. Not a good idea, IMHO.

norte - 1-19-2015 at 09:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Bajablanca,

If you find a bumper cargo rack it belongs to one of the recent visitors to asuncion. It was stolen from the vehicle while camped at campo sirena about a month ago. Shari can get in touch with the man. Actually that's pretty far from la bocana. I think it's unlikely.

What is a bumper cargo rack? How would something like this get stolen at a camp?

bajaguy - 1-19-2015 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

What is a bumper cargo rack? How would something like this get stolen at a camp?

Maybe something like this??

http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-deluxe-cargo-ca...

durrelllrobert - 1-19-2015 at 09:45 AM

Bajablanca,

...or this:

vgabndo - 1-19-2015 at 09:58 AM

Abreojos...that's a good name for the proper state of mind all along this wild coast. There is more going on than gets posted on this forum. Safe ideas for non-judicial punishment are always welcomed by me. Luckily, many of these punks are too stupid to escape detection. I was fortunate to get my property back, but I still have to encounter the dung eater around town.:mad:

BajaBlanca - 1-19-2015 at 11:05 AM

A picture of the stolen rack would be helpful.

norte - 1-19-2015 at 11:57 AM

Those could be anywhere I think unless there was an identifying mark on it. Was this stolen while in a camp ground or somewhere on the beach.

DianaT - 1-19-2015 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
Abreojos...that's a good name for the proper state of mind all along this wild coast. There is more going on than gets posted on this forum. Safe ideas for non-judicial punishment are always welcomed by me. Luckily, many of these punks are too stupid to escape detection. I was fortunate to get my property back, but I still have to encounter the dung eater around town.:mad:

Gees, hate to hear this. It seems like more and more of this kind of stuff is happening along the coast. I know that when we were there, we left our house unlocked, keys in the car at times, tools, etc. outside and never had a problem. The only thing that was stolen over and over was the copper grounding pole that was buried by our electrical box behind our neighbor's property. And we were usually alone down there and when we were gone, that house could have been broken into in a flash--- we had no security.

The first year we were there, Kurt was there and he thought that maybe a small tool kit maybe was stolen off the back of his motorcycle. But while we were talking to him in the parking area by Floriani's, some young men drove up and handed him the tool kit that had fallen off and they were looking for him.

It seems times have changed and one must be far more protective. :no::no:

BajaBlanca - 1-19-2015 at 02:37 PM

This morning I heard that someone tried to break into the principals office at the middle school

what is this tiny village of 1000 peeps coming to?????

and the biggest slap in the face? the alleged perp is friends with the supposed Ministeriales-so they are dragging their feet and NOTHING has been done from their end.

Might as well send them right back where they came from.

Signed, still PO'd !!!!

KurtG - 1-19-2015 at 02:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Gees, hate to hear this. It seems like more and more of this kind of stuff is happening along the coast. I know that when we were there, we left our house unlocked, keys in the car at times, tools, etc. outside and never had a problem. The only thing that was stolen over and over was the copper grounding pole that was buried by our electrical box behind our neighbor's property. And we were usually alone down there and when we were gone, that house could have been broken into in a flash--- we had no security.

The first year we were there, Kurt was there and he thought that maybe a small tool kit maybe was stolen off the back of his motorcycle. But while we were talking to him in the parking area by Floriani's, some young men drove up and handed him the tool kit that had fallen off and they were looking for him.

No, the tool kit had not fallen off. It had been taken from the bike while I was in the internet cafe. One of the young guys who returned it was Juan's nephew and he apparently knew who took the tools and recovered them and then returned them to me. I was most grateful.

DianaT - 1-19-2015 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KurtG  

No, the tool kit had not fallen off. It had been taken from the bike while I was in the internet cafe. One of the young guys who returned it was Juan's nephew and he apparently knew who took the tools and recovered them and then returned them to me. I was most grateful.

Sorry, I was wrong about them falling off, I just remember that being said at the time, but evidently you heard otherwise later. Just glad they were returned! That was a good thing.

I guess besides it being a different time, maybe we were lucky. We had friends and family who visited and left all kind of things in and on their vehicles, never locked anything, and no one lost anything. And they were parked behind our place where we could not see anything and lots of things were easy pickings.

Sounds like that might not work so well today.

rts551 - 1-19-2015 at 04:48 PM

Those could be anywhere I think unless there was an identifying mark on it. Was this stolen while in a camp ground or somewhere on the beach.

I believe the Campo Sirena is owned by Nomad Shari. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Nowhere is safe anymore Dianat. too many drugs around. I am sure some of this stuff ends up in the segundos of Vizcaino, Guerero Negro, and Cachania.

willardguy - 1-19-2015 at 05:40 PM

geeeze....remember when the only theft was from the fisherman breaking into houses looking for food, so folks started leaving their places unlocked,better to lose a few cans of food than to rehang a door!

Skipjack Joe - 1-19-2015 at 06:09 PM

I remember visiting an acquaintenance of mine in Manhattan, in the late 70's.

All the windows were barred and the front door had about 7 locks, one below the other. And there was a dead bolt. Every time he had to open the door there was a whole procedure as he worked from top to bottom. I asked him why he lived such a life. Walking the streets, however, you could never imagine such crime.

Frankly, I can't understand how anything serious could happen in a place with 1000 inhabitants. Everyone knows what the others had for breakfast. Where do you hide your booty? What good is that cargo rack to someone - the minute he puts it on everyone will know he's the thief. It does make you feel uncomfortable though.

shari - 1-19-2015 at 07:52 PM

The cargo carrier was stolen from the Beach House patio...it was sitting there and the thief backed his truck in while the people were asleep and just hitched it up and left...weird...bold...disturbing as most people leave lots of stuff out at the camp, surfboards, fishing gear, kayaks etc. It was the first time anything had been stolen...dang it. Probably someone from out of town and sold for scrap or to segundas or someone in another village.

I asked the owner if he had a photo of it but he didnt. Other meth heads broke into a trailer to party and trashed the place. The owner was absent and it was neighbourhood thugs who knew it was unoccupied...maybe the same ones who burned up the other trailer and needed a new party spot.

As well, everyone knew who done it and there was even evidence but politically connected family can protect them. Meth sucks. Time to start locking doors I guess....glad we have a guard cat!

micah202 - 1-19-2015 at 07:52 PM

Frankly, I can't understand how anything serious could happen in a place with 1000 inhabitants. Everyone knows what the others had for breakfast. Where do you hide your booty? What good is that cargo rack to someone - the minute he puts it on everyone will know he's the thief. It does make you feel uncomfortable though.

...that's where the meth comes in....suddenly everything makes sense! :o:wow:

DianaT - 1-20-2015 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
The cargo carrier was stolen from the Beach House patio...it was sitting there and the thief backed his truck in while the people were asleep and just hitched it up and left...weird...bold...disturbing as most people leave lots of stuff out at the camp, surfboards, fishing gear, kayaks etc. It was the first time anything had been stolen...dang it. Probably someone from out of town and sold for scrap or to segundas or someone in another village.

I asked the owner if he had a photo of it but he didnt. Other meth heads broke into a trailer to party and trashed the place. The owner was absent and it was neighbourhood thugs who knew it was unoccupied...maybe the same ones who burned up the other trailer and needed a new party spot.

As well, everyone knew who done it and there was even evidence but politically connected family can protect them. Meth sucks. Time to start locking doors I guess....glad we have a guard cat!

It is a shame the perps are still around.

rts551 - 1-20-2015 at 03:13 PM

It is a shame the perps are still around.

until these guys are put away or taught a lesson, nothing is safe. Locked doors wll not stop them.

Skipjack Joe - 1-20-2015 at 03:50 PM

I wonder if there's a relationship between the drug usage and paving that road.

willardguy - 1-20-2015 at 04:01 PM

hate to say it, but if you have anything of value get an alarm system and use it. couple months back my buddys house in puertecitos had someone (they too suspect the campo tweaker) break out a sliding glass door and began to load up. interior motion sensor saved the day, and all his chit!

Alarm

bajaguy - 1-20-2015 at 04:17 PM

Hook this puppy up to a few Harbor Freight solar panels to recharge the deep cycle battery and bingo, an alarm system

http://cabinalarm.com/CabinAlarmKit.html

BajaBlanca - 1-20-2015 at 05:11 PM

In our case here in La Bocana, there is no connection with paving the road (to Abreojos in this case) influencing any theft since the perp's dad is one of the original ejidatarios-they have been here for a long, long time.

they hid the loot in the middle of the desert: it happened that a mare escaped her rope and two people were out searching for her and saw the stuff. Pure luck.

Skipjack Joe - 1-20-2015 at 05:48 PM

Incredible.

Pompano - 1-20-2015 at 05:53 PM

CSI La Bocana?

Whale-ista - 1-20-2015 at 06:16 PM

Wow- Only in a place like La Bocana would the search for a wayward mare help break a theft case.... classic Baja.

I've written about a series of our home break=ins before, 20 yrs ago: the suspected "perps" near Ensenada broke into our home several times, getting bolder w/each theft. We lost SCUBA gear, household items, personal stuff...very scary and frustrating for us and our neighbors.

One night neighbors heard the incident, walked over, and were face to face with these guys. They had broken a sliding glass door to enter our home, but acted like it was no big thing when the neighbors spotted them. Bold!

But apparently too bold- they crossed a line w/the TJ cartel: a group of nearly 20 people were rounded up and shot dead. One or two survived. These were men/women/teens.

It was classic cartel brutal force- and the break-ins stopped.

I hope it doesn't come to that in this case.

they hid the loot in the middle of the desert: it happened that a mare escaped her rope and two people were out searching for her and saw the stuff. Pure luck.

DianaT - 1-20-2015 at 08:29 PM

In our case here in La Bocana, there is no connection with paving the road (to Abreojos in this case) influencing any theft since the perp's dad is one of the original ejidatarios-they have been here for a long, long time.

That is crazy! Definitely good luck

Bajaboy - 1-20-2015 at 10:11 PM

I don't want to go into too much detail but our immediate neighbor, a police officer, owes all of the neighbors, including me money. He's also done a few shady things, too, while we've been away. He's renting so we keep hoping he'll move on. I hope this happens before his desperation leads him to the dark side. Luckily all of our other neighbors are stand up and keep a close eye on our place while we're away.

shari - 1-21-2015 at 08:15 AM

yes, the small villages suffer at the hands of the authorities sometimes. Once, they sent us a police chief who got moved from somewhere else because his son was a drug thug and was stealing alot...hard to prosecute indeed...not to mention the mayor's kid etc etc...it is not the outsiders breaking in...but locals who are immune...sucks.

Drugs come in whether the road is paved or not and we are lucky here that it is minimal and the coops are doing their best to address the problem with random drug testing. First time, a warning, second time, you get shipped off to rehab, third time you lose your job.

Luckily the villagers know all and one can try to minimize the risks by being creative and/or setting traps like sugar in gas cans..cameras, locking our doors now etc. Most of the town know who the bad apples are...they will go down in the end I imagine, one way or another.

rts551 - 1-21-2015 at 09:48 AM

Yes, it is surprising when you find out who deals drugs. Less surprising that everyone knows who but nothing is done.

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2015 at 09:54 AM

I think cameras are a good thought. Irrefutable.

CSI LaBocana!!! Our neighbor's daughter is studying criminology in Ensenada, she could indeed be our CSI connection in the future.

Really, we believe our Ministeriale police are not above board honest - the druggies hang out at the Ministeriales office and the perps dad visits them at home. I went to Vizcaino in the role of translator and mentioned to the main guy that we thought the ministeriales were being paid off as NOTHING was being done.

He said he would come and investigate himself. That was months ago.

:?::?: What is one to do ?? In our case, the whole town is after this guy and even the cooperative has contacted the main judge in La Paz so that he speeds up the warrant once it needs to be issued.

rts551 - 1-21-2015 at 09:59 AM

I think cameras are a good thought. Irrefutable.

CSI LaBocana!!! Our neighbor's daughter is studying criminology in Ensenada, she could indeed be our CSI connection in the future.

Really, we believe our Ministeriale police are not above board honest - the druggies hang out at the Ministeriales office and the perps dad visits them at home. I went to Vizcaino in the role of translator and mentioned to the main guy that we thought the ministeriales were being paid off as NOTHING was being done.

He said he would come and investigate himself. That was months ago.

:?::?: What is one to do ?? In our case, the whole town is after this guy and even the cooperative has contacted the main judge in La Paz so that he speeds up the warrant once it needs to be issued.

The last time someone in Abreojos did this , they ran them out of town. They now reside in La PAz. Abreojos is trying to help Blanca. They have contacted Vizcaino, as well as Mulege.

Not just in Mexico

durrelllrobert - 1-21-2015 at 10:41 AM

yes, the small villages suffer at the hands of the authorities sometimes. Once, they sent us a police chief who got moved from somewhere else because his son was a drug thug and was stealing alot...hard to prosecute indeed...not to mention the mayor's kid etc etc...it is not the outsiders breaking in...but locals who are immune...sucks.

When I first moved to Ridgecrest, CA in 1965 the police chief was arrested for dealing drugs. He was replaced with a new guy that came from Bakersfield and about a year later he was arrested for making porn movies.

BajaBlanca - 1-21-2015 at 12:04 PM

durrelrobert is working hard to make me feel better

:biggrin:

Thanks Ralph, we really need all the help we can get. Actually, Abre has been helping out from moment one. A guy at the gas station there was the first one who alerted the cops that Franco was trying to peddle stolen goods.

rts551 - 1-21-2015 at 03:24 PM

well just maybe...someone from La Bocana was taken to Vizcaino for interrogation. Was in possession of some of the stolen items.

BajaRat - 1-21-2015 at 07:36 PM

My county in Az is ranked among the highest in meth use and the crime rate reflects it :(
I love Asuncion, i think we still have a chance there :D

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by BajaRat]

Whale-ista - 1-21-2015 at 09:22 PM

Do you think the local authorities are being paid more NOT to do their jobs, than they are paid to actually do them (investigate crimes, arrest criminals)?

Is it a case of "Plomo o plata?" (lead or silver?)

BajaRat - 1-21-2015 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  
Do you think the local authorities are being paid more NOT to do their jobs, than they are paid to actually do them (investigate crimes, arrest criminals)?

Is it a case of "Plomo o plata?" (lead or silver?)

I think its really a drug problem, They're just sneakier than cops by nature, and they have the advantage of being on the offensive

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by BajaRat]

rts551 - 1-22-2015 at 08:24 AM

Small town stuff?... more of a drug problem...don't think the Cartels would bother with them much. Maybe send them a message is all.

Bigger problem MIGHT be is that the police are also drug users. (not a everywhere of course).

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by rts551]

Hook - 1-22-2015 at 08:43 AM

This scenario of the local police is played out ALL OVER MEXICO!!! This is not just an Asuncion/La Bocana problem. It's the reason that the last two presidents of Mexico have attempted to abolish the municipal police forces in Mexico. They are just so easily corrupted and no citizen, in their right mind, wants to enter the judicial system to try and combat it. So, it continues, until higher authorities are forced to step in. It takes an event like those missing students down in Guerrero before action begins to come.

Nothing is worse than evil, hiding behind a badge, IMO. It completely shreds the fabric of a civilized society, down to its roots.

[Edited on 1-22-2015 by Hook]

BajaBlanca - 1-22-2015 at 06:06 PM

Good news! The big police honchos came up from La Paz and tracked down four guys whom they arrested and pooooof

Took them away.

La Bocana was a busy village yesterday.

Another La Bocana guy was arrested, red handed, trying to peddle stolen goods in Abreojos. He really blew it because he just used his last card and will now be officially removed from the local cooperative.

The locals here are pulling in $40 to $50 US grand a season.

I am so happy that there might just be some real JUSTICE now that the ringleader has been arrested.....notice I said "might" and I ain't holding my breath.

rts551 - 1-22-2015 at 06:20 PM

woody with a view - 1-22-2015 at 06:55 PM

drugs suck! nobody wins in the end.

DianaT - 1-22-2015 at 07:02 PM

Good news! The big police honchos came up from La Paz and tracked down four guys whom they arrested and pooooof

Took them away.

Another La Bocana guy was arrested, red handed, trying to peddle stolen goods in Abreojos. He really blew it because he just used his last card and will now be officially removed from the local cooperative.

I am so happy that there might just be some real JUSTICE now that the ringleader has been arrested.....notice I said "might" and I ain't holding my breath.

Yes, very good news!

And often people are surprised at how well the coop fisherman do --- some years they earn less, and sometimes they earn more/ It is a tough but good job. So losing his job at the coop is serious.

[Edited on 1-23-2015 by DianaT]

bajaguy - 1-22-2015 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
drugs suck! nobody wins in the end.

yeah, we need to legalize more of them

Ateo - 1-22-2015 at 07:11 PM

Prohibition is totally working! =)

BajaBlanca - 1-22-2015 at 08:42 PM

LIKE is right!

Bajaboy - 1-22-2015 at 10:21 PM

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

And often people are surprised at how well the coop fisherman do --- some years they earn less, and sometimes they earn more/ It is a tough but good job. So losing his job at the coop is serious.

Funny how many of them look at me as wealthy when many of them make more than I do.

BajaGringo - 1-23-2015 at 12:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

Funny how many of them look at me as wealthy when many of them make more than I do.

It's not how much you make but how much you get to keep. Most fishermen I know down here (and I know PLENTY) spend 75% of what they earn on booze, smokes and girlfriends.

And their wives take the other 25%...

:lol::lol::lol:

rts551 - 1-23-2015 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

It's not how much you make but how much you get to keep. Most fishermen I know down here (and I know PLENTY) spend 75% of what they earn on booze, smokes and girlfriends.

shhhsssss Ron. Here in Abreojos, at least according to the men, the wives keep 75% and the men get 25% for booze, smokes, and girlfriends.

We do not want to lose our fisherman to the North! :lol::lol::lol:

monoloco - 1-23-2015 at 07:34 AM

Just be aware that if the victims of these lowlifes don't appear at the ministerio publico to file a denuncia within 72 hours, they will be cut loose.

BajaLuna - 1-23-2015 at 12:42 PM

So sorry to hear this Blanca, but so glad they got caught and hauled off.

Drugs show up wherever there is a demand, we can fight the supply end of it all we want but until we deal with the demand end of it, sadly not much changes.

At this moment in my sleepy little bedroom town that I live in, there was 35 crimes within a 10 mile radius of my house in the last month, and you can bet it is all drug related. It doesn't matter if you live in a tight small community, the inner city, or the rurals..it is everywhere. Heroin and meth are a scurge on our society right now, and we are all on the receiving end of it in some way. Last year many people formed a group here, and we are fighting back against the crime. Sadly this is what it takes for everyone to keep a watchful eye out on each other and our houses. We are also looking into opening a family resource center here to get people the resources they need of places to help loved ones with addiction and where to go for detox etc...there's a lot to be done and it takes a village!

For all those who think this is only going on in Mexico and your town in the U.S. is absent of this...you're not awake and need to take a good look around YOUR community. Don't rely on your newspapers to report all the drug related crimes around you...newspapers will give ya fluff....and so will Law Enforcement....talk to your neighbors, start a community Facebook page and get involved in knowing what is going on around you. Neighbors need to stick together and have each other's backs, Baja or the U.S.!

Blanca, I hope your town too will get active and say "enough is enough not in our town"!

rts551 - 1-23-2015 at 12:56 PM

Looking through a blogspot on State crimes and arrests I see where the Asuncion Coop offices were broken into the other day. It is everywhere.

http://www.desdepalaciodemadera.blogspot.com/

DianaT - 1-23-2015 at 01:38 PM

Looking through a blogspot on State crimes and arrests I see where the Asuncion Coop offices were broken into the other day. It is everywhere.

http://www.desdepalaciodemadera.blogspot.com/

That's the coop that is downtown on the main street!

DianaT - 1-23-2015 at 01:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  

Took them away.

Yes, very good news!

shhhsssss Ron. Here in Abreojos, at least according to the men, the wives keep 75% and the men get 25% for booze, smokes, and girlfriends.

We do not want to lose our fisherman to the North! :lol::lol::lol:

The year one of our good friends was the head of one of the coops, he really did not enjoy the job at all. He didn't drink or smoke and when he was not with his family or working, he was in church! So he was really frustrated by the ones who spent all their money and were constantly asking for more. As he said, they made good money, but they just couldn't handle it. He couldn't sit at our house for 5 minutes without his phone ringing several times. He sure was happy when the year was over and he was back on the water!

BajaBlanca - 2-1-2015 at 04:38 PM

So, for an update: we were under the impression that the perps were in fact going to be let out

La Bocana signed a petition for the guy NOT to be let off, they contacted all the politicians they could

and last Thursday, I went with Bruce to visit the ministeriales in Vizcaino who thought they had h is stuff to release to him. Well, the only thing that was actually Bruce's were his prescription sun glasses - no fishfinder, no rods n reels, no cell phone, no satellite radio. Just glasses,

However, while we were there, the main guy told me that he had it straight from the judge that Franco was not to be let off under any circumstances

that he had received a call from HIS BOSS in La Paz telling him to make sure the case was rock solid so that Franco would not be let off on technicalities

and while I was there, the police from la Bocana called to confirm there was no issues since they had also heard the rumor of the perp being let off!

Justice really worked, and Franco is in jail for what might be 10 years.maybe.

His dad, his eternal rescuer, is selling off land and his min hotel to raise money to get the kid out....we all know that quite often,money talks. We shall see,but, in the meantime, we are so happy that our main headache is sleeping in prison :)))))))))))))))))0

rts551 - 2-1-2015 at 05:28 PM

and the people in Abreojos did get most of their stuff back

rts551 - 2-8-2015 at 05:41 PM

bump

BajaBlanca - 2-8-2015 at 05:58 PM

RALPH - THERE IS STILL STUFF TO BE CLAIMED - PLEASE PASS THESE PICS TO YOUR AMIGOS IN ABRE:

RIGHT NOW IT IS IN OUR GARAGE AWAITING OWNERS.

What did happen the other day is that the main ministeriales from Vizcaino as well as someone from La Paz, all came to La Bocana to meet everyone and make the official announcement that Franco is in the santa rosalia prison for a minimum of 5 years with no possibility of parole.

I personally wish he could go to some drug counseling, but I can dream on about that.

rts551 - 2-8-2015 at 06:09 PM

I will Blanca. Someone had a 2-meter radio and power supply.

hope the family also pays restitution to those that lost stuff.

How about the other guys?

BajaBlanca - 2-10-2015 at 08:26 AM

One other guy was arrested but the others got off for lack of evidence that they were the culprits. La Bocana is now breathing easier again!

woody with a view - 2-10-2015 at 11:50 AM

I didn't know the family was supposed to pay restitution?

BajaBlanca - 2-10-2015 at 02:49 PM

the dad of the main thief used to always pay victims off, but that was before the son get carted away with supposedly no bail options....

rts551 - 2-10-2015 at 07:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
I didn't know the family was supposed to pay restitution?

In small towns it seems to be pressured by the towns people. Most of the time (I wonder about this case) a crime committed by a member of the family is considered a disgrace.

BajaRat - 2-15-2015 at 05:43 PM

We asked that the family in our case would not be held liable for restitution but that their son gets help before the community helps him the F out of town :fire:

bledito - 2-16-2015 at 05:19 PM

So a thief goes to prison and 5 years later gets out. will he be a thief again? Does he get any benifit from being in prison? Will he learn a lesson? Perhaps he's just doing time waiting for the time when he can again steal. I foubt there are any programs in prison that teach him any skills so he as a better chance to change his ways. just anouther lost soul coming out with less chance of being productive.

monoloco - 2-16-2015 at 05:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bledito  
So a thief goes to prison and 5 years later gets out. will he be a thief again? Does he get any benifit from being in prison? Will he learn a lesson? Perhaps he's just doing time waiting for the time when he can again steal. I foubt there are any programs in prison that teach him any skills so he as a better chance to change his ways. just anouther lost soul coming out with less chance of being productive.
At least he won't be able to steal anything for the 5 years he's in prison.

BajaBlanca - 2-16-2015 at 08:33 PM

I sure wish he could get some proper rehab but alas, he has been taken to CREEAD (Mexican rehab) and it has not helped. He has been in and out of prison for short stints before and this has not helped. The only redeeming factor is that for the next 5 years, we can all breathe easier. monoloco is spot on.