BajaNomad

Hey Jon. I cranked in firepit. Try "portable firepit also.

Cisco - 1-25-2015 at 06:10 PM

http://www.instructables.com/howto/firepit/

shari - 1-25-2015 at 07:20 PM

some really cool ideas for fire pits...love the beer keg one, and the shopping cart!

Cisco - 1-25-2015 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
So cool!

Frank, that's just one of a gazillion things that they get into on the forum.

When I was at Shari's, Juan and his helper (my apologies, i forget his name. Very nice man) were in the process of constructing "The Great Wall of Juan" as she described it.

They were hand mixing the cement used and when I got back I looked up cement mixers and came up with a mixer that used the rear-end from a car, driveshaft connect pointed up and into a big washtub that you put the dry materials and water in and drug it around slowly behind a car, mule, whatever and it mixed all with a rotary mower blade connected to the vertical shaft.

Don't know if they used it but it's perfect for Mexico as are many of these projects using recycled materials and crude equipment and tools.

If you become a member for $30 or so that allows you to PDF download the whole sequence of a project. Otherwise just go page to page and you can get it.

I have projects lined out until I'm 159 and having a ball with them. Much more fun than google earth, just tell it what you want to do or are interested in and off you go.

GREAT for an area of do-it-yourself living and primitive equipment.

Ps: Don't tell Chris (hit the brakes) about the bicycle part or we're all screwed.

San Diego (hope you forgot where that is) sends it's wishes that it could be a Central Mexican Paradise with cobbley old streets and mummies and cool stuff and environment to raise children in. Old Town just doesn't get it.

Good Move Frank.

Ateo - 1-26-2015 at 08:49 AM

Thanks Cisco. Cool website. Never seen it before.

mtnpop - 1-26-2015 at 09:43 AM

Local kid in Mulege did ours out of lava rock with benches around it...
He did a great job...
Couple of others in our park had another contractor do similar ones and everyone loves them...
We found a propane one on Amaozon that just fits in ours if we don't want to use wood... really makes it nice no smoke...
Don't know where you are but if you are ever through Mulege we would be glad to show you ours or we could fwd a pic sometime..