BajaNomad

Boise to Baja

krazytoy - 2-2-2015 at 04:17 PM

Here is my trip report through Baja, I tried to cut and paste the whole trip report here, but it's not working for some reason. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Boise to Baja

StuckSucks - 2-2-2015 at 04:28 PM

Cool photos, thanks for sharing!

Maron - 2-2-2015 at 04:36 PM

WOW, what a trip. Great pictures and narrative.

Thanks

Ateo - 2-2-2015 at 04:36 PM

You covered a ton of ground! Looks like fun. Thanks.

Pacifico - 2-2-2015 at 05:05 PM

Great trip report and pics! I love your hammock setup using your vehicle! If just I could sleep better in a hammock, I would do that...

woody with a view - 2-2-2015 at 05:21 PM

solid rigs!

Bajahowodd - 2-2-2015 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by krazytoy  
Here is my trip report through Baja, I tried to cut and paste the whole trip report here, but it's not working for some reason. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Boise to Baja

A wonderful journey, so well documented with great photos. Don't really want to change the topic, but your report just reinforces my thought that if there are any Nomads that wish to have a quiet, romantic weekend getaway, don't go to San Felepe.

bajaandy - 2-2-2015 at 06:56 PM

Sweet trip report and photo essay. Looks like you guys had a blast.

BajaBlanca - 2-2-2015 at 07:51 PM

you cruised through la bocana and never said "hi"!

next time ask around for Les and Blanca -I am the local English teacher so ask any kid over 12 where maestro Blanca lives and they will take you right to the front door

we have some folks who live here from Boise - Kim and Scott - you would have enjoyed meeting them too. Next time!

your trip report was excellent and inspirational. thanx for sharing and I also had trouble trying to paste a report the other day.....

AKgringo - 2-2-2015 at 07:55 PM

The hammock is interesting! If I don't feel like pitching a tent, my passenger side seat reclines like a barber chair, and I sleep there. I was set up like that in a campground just north of B.O.L.A, and I heard a noise next to my rig, and right about where your butt would be in that hammock was a coyote trying to get into my supplies.
Hammock...Pinata...depends on your perspective!

(edit) Truthfully though, I worry much less about coyotes than creepy crawly scorpions and other critters.

[Edited on 2-3-2015 by AKgringo]

Kgryfon - 2-2-2015 at 10:49 PM

Great trip report! Thanks for posting. Looks like you had a great time!

krazytoy - 2-3-2015 at 07:47 AM

Thanks everyone, it was a great trip and I hope next time we have much more time to enjoy it.

BajaBlanca I wished I had known you were there, we actually had a little trouble finding our way through La Bocana and had to stop and ask for directions. Seem like a really neat town. :)

AKGringo the hammock is all about how you set it up, some prefer a loose hang to where the hammock is U shapped, I prefer to tighten it up and have a more flat bed. It took me 2-3 nights to get it right for me.

bajalearner - 2-3-2015 at 08:24 AM

NICE!! thank you

David K - 2-3-2015 at 08:47 AM

Epic Baja Tour... and an off road race, too! Thanks for sharing and a big welcome to Nomad!

The posting and pasting issues are an unexpected result of a recent software change here, and the host will fix it he promises us. Until then, no accent marks, or Spanish letters, or quotation marks, or degree symbols...

TMW - 2-3-2015 at 10:07 AM

Great trip report and beautiful pictures. Also noted ["the Pemex south of Mulege be sure to look for Mr. Ceviche, by far the best I have ever had! "] Thanks for the heads up.

Chupacabra - 2-3-2015 at 12:13 PM

Nice. That hammock setup is pretty sweet, is that a custom job?

WOW

durrelllrobert - 2-3-2015 at 05:11 PM

krazytoy - 2-4-2015 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Chupacabra  
Nice. That hammock setup is pretty sweet, is that a custom job?

I guess you could call it custom, its just a piece of 1.75" DOM tubing welded into the bumper at a 45 degree angle and a piece of 1.5" DOM for the poles, I mount the poles to the roof rack with some quick fist clamps, works like a charm! This is actually the second rig I have had the hammock set up on.

Here is the first set up.

woody with a view - 2-4-2015 at 08:43 AM

Badaass

let the pictures and video do the talking for contingency

durrelllrobert - 2-4-2015 at 08:50 AM

Yes, that pina colada in the pineapple shell certainly qualifies as a contingency. :O