BajaNomad

ONE MORE TIME!

chuckie - 2-5-2015 at 02:32 PM

Old Smokey and I are on the road (finally) headed for Baja! My first trip to Baja was in 1956, by my calculations that was 59 years ago....Figure at least one trip/year most years and as many as 6 or 8 in a few years and we have been down that old hiway a bunch of times. It gets tougher to get motivated as I get older, it's now, from my home about 2000 miles one way. I almost didn't do it this year, but now that we are on the road, the love for Baja is creating the enthusiasm! In Raton NM now, drive days are getting shorter, no more marathons, no need...I have lots of time, or do I? Cold Pacifico with friends in Mulege on Monday......

David K - 2-5-2015 at 02:34 PM

Have a great trip!

woody with a view - 2-5-2015 at 02:53 PM

I know that spastic sensation that happens DNS right before launch day arrives. In fact Saturday me and.my buddy launch!:)

Bob H - 2-5-2015 at 03:00 PM

Very well said Chuckie! Have a great trip.... looking forward to hearing more about your visit.

motoged - 2-5-2015 at 03:03 PM

Jeez, Chuckie....stop yer whining.....try driving down from Canada if you think it's a long trip :biggrin:

But every minute of prep, anticipation, and draining coffee on the drive down is worth it, isn't it !?

Hope your trip goes well....and one of these days we will have that beer :cool:

mtnpop - 2-5-2015 at 03:08 PM

Barring a snow storm next week late we are right behind you chuckie... driveway is finally drying out..... 50's and 60's in central Colorado today/tomorrow..
are you hauling the camper and going on 5?? If so let us know how it goes...
also sounds like you might be going south to Hatch???? or????
drive safe ole man.....

sancho - 2-5-2015 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

It gets tougher to get motivated as I get older, it's now, from my home about 2000 miles one way.

With you on that, back in the day it took nothing to, on a whim
get on down the Peninsula, now it's more of an expedition,
concerned with things that were of no concern back in the day.
And I'm only 70 miles no. of TJ, I feel like a real whiner with you
guys adding 4000 more miles
i

chuckie - 2-5-2015 at 04:59 PM

Ross, going south through Hatch..No camper, travelling fast and light....Seeya ....be careful....

Pescador - 2-5-2015 at 06:26 PM

Well, the cold beer awaits. You are gonna be one day late for the pig races.

Lindalou - 2-5-2015 at 06:33 PM

I remember the pig races, I still have a T shirt.

BajaBlanca - 2-5-2015 at 08:53 PM

Have yourself a wonderful trip!

bajabuddha - 2-5-2015 at 10:53 PM

The older we get, all we have is time... but the older we get the more valuable time becomes.....

Entonces, Carrera con el Viento !!!!!!

Drive as FAST as you can.

Stop when and where you WANT to.

Kick azz, and take no prisoners. (watch out for machetes and boom-boxes)

Y via con Dios, y que la via y su vida bien, compadre.

Eeeeee-jahhhhhhhhhhh !!!

Marc - 2-6-2015 at 07:21 AM

I'm getting the itch too. Be down sometime in April.

woody with a view - 2-6-2015 at 07:30 AM

c'mon, tomorrow morning!

:cool:

bajalearner - 2-6-2015 at 08:08 AM

1956...Now that would be a great vacation to be able to return to 1956 and walk around. If I only didn't know now, what I didn't know then. And the Gas was what, about 14 cents, no???

Have a great trip!

chuckie - 2-7-2015 at 08:32 AM

Spending a couple of days at The Buddhas Lair somewhere in the desert....Killer Martinis last night...On the road again tomorrow...Mulege maybe Tuesday now!