BajaNomad

To Dennis: Is Lulu ok?

EnsenadaDr - 2-11-2015 at 03:40 PM

Reading Mexico Politico I saw a post by Dennis that Lulu was an urn on his shelf? Is this true?

DENNIS - 2-11-2015 at 04:04 PM

True, yes. Around eight months back, she got an incurable kidney aliment and had too much pain to endure.....both of us. We had no choice.
She sits next to me now, and we just got back from the beer store. It was always one of our favorite trips together. Still is.
Thanks for asking.

[Edited on 2-11-2015 by DENNIS]

EnsenadaDr - 2-11-2015 at 04:47 PM

wow so sorry to hear of this. It must have broken your heart.

desertcpl - 2-11-2015 at 05:19 PM

sorry for your loss

DianaT - 2-11-2015 at 05:25 PM

So very, very sorry. They leave such a hole in one's heart. :(:(

DENNIS - 2-11-2015 at 06:01 PM

Gone...but not forgotten. Thanks everybody.

DENNIS - 2-11-2015 at 06:03 PM

Jeeeezo......Forget to mention a detail above....I had her cremated and she's in an urn.

bajabuddha - 2-11-2015 at 06:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Jeeeezo......Forget to mention a detail above....I had her cremated and she's in an urn.

So's my ol' Aardvark (Aardie).... he's on my bookcase, since 12/90. Haven't been able to get another since.

My deepest, d. People you're stuck with, especially relatives; but dogs, cars and guitars are family.

DianaT - 2-11-2015 at 07:18 PM

We had our Lucy who we lost 14 years ago cremated and kept her with us because there was not a place we wanted to leave her. But now, we love our home, so when our precious Maggie Mae died 1 1/2 years ago and we buried her under a pear tree, we buried Lucy's ashes with her. While being so broken hearted, it gave us a reason to smile because in life, Lucy and Maggie Mae would not have liked each other as they were both the alpha female. I often talk to the girls when I am outside and tell them to get along with each other.

And at 13 1/2, Tommy is beginning to fail in some ways, but we can't even imagine the loss of Tommy.

Dennis, the video of you and Lulu in the hospital keeps playing over and over in my mind --- it was a case of really unconditional love on both sides. Lulu will always be a part of you; no one can take away those precious memories.

Damn dogs, they just don't live long enough!

windgrrl - 2-11-2015 at 08:13 PM

Here's to LuLu and all of her kind
A sparkle in the eye and
A wiggle waggle with a touch of a hand.

monoloco - 2-11-2015 at 08:32 PM

Their time with us always seems so short.

Whale-ista - 2-11-2015 at 08:43 PM

Condolences for your loss. It's tough to lose the ones that give such unconditional love.

Agree: their lives are too short...

lizard lips - 2-11-2015 at 09:26 PM

It's a tough loss Dennis.

BornFisher - 2-11-2015 at 09:40 PM

Sorry for your loss Dennis. Going to give my dog extra hugs for Lulu!!

Maron - 2-11-2015 at 09:58 PM

Dennis, we don't know you, but we feel your loss. We are animals lovers, and feel for you. Lulu will never be replaced, but there is another pet out there hoping to give and receive your love. Just saying.

Peace

AKgringo - 2-11-2015 at 10:34 PM

I see a lot of love, and pain in this thread, and I understand it!
My best friend is 15 now, and we just returned from our fourth road trip to Baja Sur. She is still healthy and happy, but she has a degenerative spine, and the rigors of traveling and camping took a toll on her this year.
I have started her on a course of acupuncture and laser therapy that has made a remarkable improvement, but another trip for her is questionable at this point.

Lindalou - 2-12-2015 at 06:32 PM

I miss her so, I still don't walk past her house without expecting her to greet me.

DENNIS - 2-12-2015 at 07:02 PM

Thanks all. I really appreciate the sentiments.

Linda.....she's still here, in a way. You're welcome to drop by and say hello any time.

EnsenadaDr - 2-12-2015 at 08:18 PM

well Dennis not to be flippant but at least now I wouldn't have to worry about her biting me!!

DENNIS - 2-13-2015 at 01:26 PM

She never bit anybody, but she was intuitive.

BajaGringo - 2-13-2015 at 02:11 PM

So very sorry for your loss amigo. Our mutual love of the 4 legged critters that we share our lives with is a strong bond between us.

She never bit anybody, but she was intuitive.

And glad to see your sharp sense of humor hasn't suffered a bit...

;D

AKgringo - 2-13-2015 at 02:47 PM

My dog is a sweetheart, and has also never bitten anybody. But after following the threads on this board for the last few months, I have a few folks in mind that I might bite if given a chance some day!

[Edited on 2-14-2015 by AKgringo]

Lindalou - 2-13-2015 at 05:38 PM

Thanks all. I really appreciate the sentiments.

Linda.....she's still here, in a way. You're welcome to drop by and say hello any time.
Thanks Dennis, I will.

EnsenadaDr - 2-13-2015 at 09:56 PM

Back by popular demand!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDW7wfVR6hQ

and part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-E0-MA3b0E

[Edited on 2-14-2015 by EnsenadaDr]

Wow,,,,You got me Dr! (or is it Dra.?)

AKgringo - 2-13-2015 at 10:17 PM

I have never met Dennis, or Lulu, but the fifteen year old girl I just posted about earlier could be Lulu's sister! Same size, same markings (except Cleo has four white feet) and the same sweet disposition.
I am hoping she will be able to make another Baja run with me in April.

EnsenadaDr - 2-13-2015 at 10:26 PM

Yes a fitting tribute and memory for feisty Lulu, and contrary to what sharp sense of humor others might think Dennis has, Lulu spent the two hour trip across the border to visit her master in my car without incident. (Yes it is Dra.)