BajaNomad

Happy Valentine's Day and rain rain rain

BajaBlanca - 2-14-2015 at 01:49 PM

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE and happy anniversary to Blanca and Les...we survived the 7 year itch! Today is our 7th anniversary and we started celebrating last night with homemade strawberry margaritas

:bounce::bounce:

Now for the weather report:

last night the Earth shook as lightning and thunder raged through La Bocana ..... the rain continued to pour this morning. Right now, the sky is blue and the ocean is calm. One would never in a million years think that it had been so radically bad earlier on.

Who else saw this rain?

monoloco - 2-14-2015 at 02:27 PM

No hay nada aqui.

gnukid - 2-14-2015 at 08:45 PM

La Paz

BornFisher - 2-14-2015 at 10:12 PM

Cool about the rain, and from GK`s pic it looks like La Paz got a good hit. Now have to brag that on Feb. 12th, my wife and I celebrated our 38th anniversary at the quaint little digs at the Marriott resort in Palm Desert. Had to jump in a boat to go from the lobby to where we wanted to eat. Beautiful place but I`m ready for my Baja fix!!

PDMarriott.JPG - 153kB

bajalinda - 2-15-2015 at 08:37 AM

No rain at all here yesterday (at La Aguja), but we could see the rain clouds off to the east and figured that the highway and La Paz were getting dumped on.

This morning, however, we're having a gentle steady rain.

and Happy Anniversary Blanca and Les!!

vgabndo - 2-15-2015 at 09:59 AM

From up here. Blanca, it looks like you are about to get drenched again!

Marc - 2-15-2015 at 10:32 AM

I's 74 here in San Francisco and not a cloud in the sky. Send us some of your rain!

Marc - 2-15-2015 at 10:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Cool about the rain, and from GK`s pic it looks like La Paz got a good hit. Now have to brag that on Feb. 12th, my wife and I celebrated our 38th anniversary at the quaint little digs at the Marriott resort in Palm Desert. Had to jump in a boat to go from the lobby to where we wanted to eat. Beautiful place but I`m ready for my Baja fix!!

Spent last week in Palm Desert looking at property.

jbcoug - 2-15-2015 at 10:54 AM

Drove from Loreto to La Purisma and back to Ciudad Insurgentes, poured all the way. Absolute mud hole on all detours. Rained hard again during the night, with lots of lightning. Then sprinkled this morning on drive to La Paz. Currently sunny here with some clouds.

bajalinda - 2-15-2015 at 11:41 AM

Rain stopped around 9:30 this morning - now we have beautiful blue skies with a few scattered clouds - though there are bigger clouds off to the east pretty much like yesterday.

vandenberg - 2-15-2015 at 04:22 PM

Pouring right now here in Nopolo and has been off and on for the last few hours.
Beautiful!!:bounce:

BajaBlanca - 2-16-2015 at 07:15 AM

The thunder and lightning was a site to behold.....soooo much rain. This is the darkest cloud I have ever seen

chavycha - 2-16-2015 at 07:24 AM

Neat pic!

Dumped buckets yesterday in La Ribera. Couldn't get into/out of town in any direction without driving through lakes. Quite impressive.

vgabndo - 2-16-2015 at 08:12 AM

My phone didn't pick up the true darkness, but it was impressive here too.

1424035169965.jpg - 22kB

BajaBlanca - 2-16-2015 at 08:36 PM

vgabndo - that is a great shot-you can see the pouring rain over the ocean.....your view is the other side of our raincloud. Thanks for posting.