BajaNomad

Scorpions on a plane WHAT!!!

blackwolfmt - 2-15-2015 at 07:34 AM

LOS ANGELES A scorpion stung a woman on the hand just before her flight from Los Angeles to Portland took off.

Alaska Airlines spokesman Cole Cosgrove says Flight 567 was taxing on the runway Saturday night when the passenger was stung. He says the plane returned to the gate and the woman was checked by medics. She refused additional medical treatment but didn't get back on the plane.

Meanwhile, flight attendants killed the scorpion and checked overhead compartments for any additional unwanted arachnids. The flight then took off at 8:40 p.m., about an hour late. Members of Oregon State University's men's basketball team were on the flight, Cosgrove said.

He says it's unclear how the scorpion got on the plane, but the flight originated in Los Cabos, Mexico.

[Edited on 2-15-2015 by blackwolfmt]

vgabndo - 2-15-2015 at 08:09 AM

These stories of accidental death after stowing away in an airliner baggage compartment are not uncommon, but being killed by the flight crew is a sad and horrifying new twist!:O

durrelllrobert - 2-15-2015 at 10:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
These stories of accidental death after stowing away in an airliner baggage compartment are not uncommon, but being killed by the flight crew is a sad and horrifying new twist!:O

Especially if you came from Cabo and didn't go through US customs.

jbcoug - 2-15-2015 at 10:56 AM

Title for a new movie treatment.

willardguy - 2-15-2015 at 11:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jbcoug  
Title for a new movie treatment.
:lol: it got a 1.9 out of 10

[Edited on 2-15-2015 by willardguy]

blackwolfmt - 2-15-2015 at 11:39 AM

Heck why not throw on a youtube quick trailer:o:o:o:o:o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv29HJZc200

willardguy - 2-15-2015 at 12:08 PM

destined to become a cult classic! :lol:

Uh-oh!

fixtrauma - 2-15-2015 at 12:17 PM

I think that I will just lean over and rest my head against that side of the airplane cabin and go to sleep......NOT!!!!

Ken Cooke - 2-15-2015 at 12:33 PM

If this passenger had been wearing my new Baja Pole Line t-shirt, it would have never happened. :biggrin:

Bajahowodd - 2-15-2015 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
If this passenger had been wearing my new Baja Pole Line t-shirt, it would have never happened. :biggrin:

I call hijack!:mad:

BajaBlanca - 2-16-2015 at 07:18 AM

Baaad idea to have a scorpion on board.

bajabuddha - 2-16-2015 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Baaad idea to have a scorpion on board.

Could be worse.... could be a Korean Board Member / Owner. :o

durrelllrobert - 2-16-2015 at 10:33 AM

Nothing is scarier than children on a plane

mtgoat666 - 2-16-2015 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
Nothing is scarier than children on a plane

there is nothing scarier than being seated next to a fat person whose obesity exceeds their 18 inches of seat.
i like children on planes, they are usually more pleasant and fun to talk with than most adults on airplanes.

vgabndo - 2-16-2015 at 01:00 PM

And...the number of times I've been treated to a free back massage by a rug rat kicking the back of my seat from O'Hare to JFK is hard to forget!!!:lol:

Barry A. - 2-16-2015 at 01:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vgabndo  
And...the number of times I've been treated to a free back massage by a rug rat kicking the back of my seat from O'Hare to JFK is hard to forget!!!:lol:

Ohhhh Yeahhhh--------me too!!! You have to nip that type behavior in the bud, FAST!!! That, and the person in front of you putting their seat-back in your lap---------both severe no-no's, and to be confronted fast!!!! That always works for me!! :yes:

Barry