BajaNomad

Fishing Advice

AcuDoc - 2-21-2015 at 01:15 PM

Hello long time friends....it's been forever since I've been on the board but need some fishing advice....I have been working on cruise ships for a number of years now and will be in Punta Arenas Costa Rica and Mazatlan soon and need to know if any of you have and advice on who to contact for a day of fishing....Pescador are you still out there Jim.....

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 2-21-2015 at 02:52 PM

Hola AcuDoc,

may i suggest that you sign onto and post your query on " bloodydecks.com "?

is is a sports website and has fishing and other discussions from around the world.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Pompano - 2-21-2015 at 03:44 PM

AcuDoc....I also think Bloodydecks.com will be the best place to ask your question.

As for personal info, I have not been there in many years now, so cannot recommend much these days for Puntas Arenas..Sandy Beach.. in CR, but can be current for a bit south of there... at Los Suenos... and I hope you can make the sidetrip. Can't beat going with an outfitter with a name like 'Bubbas'. One of the areas top guide services. You can catch... and mostly properly release... fish like never before. If you must fish out of Puntas Arenas, I'm sure they have some colleagues to recommend.

Mazatlan was disappointing for me, but that was a long time ago...hopefully, it has improved since 1979. :rolleyes:

In my humble opinion, the Best of all is Panama's Hannibal Banks offshore...but will assume this is not on your itinerary.

AcuDoc - 2-21-2015 at 05:42 PM

Thanks for the in...forgot about Bloody Decks....