BajaNomad

Western Flyer

captkw - 2-21-2015 at 08:13 PM

The 75 FT purse Seiner is moving to port Townsend WA from Monterey Ca. to be restored for 2 Million...this is the vessel from: "The Log from the sea of Cortez" Fame......hopefully it works out !!!! K&T

[Edited on 2-22-2015 by captkw]

BooJumMan - 2-23-2015 at 08:38 AM

Wow thats cool. I kept looking at the thread title trying to remember where the heck I knew that name from!

Western Flyer

captkw - 2-23-2015 at 08:53 AM

I think that was also the name on the red wagons most of us had !! I'm waiting to hear how they are gonna move her from Monterey ca to port townsend Wa. I assume by ship, but don't know for sure...K&T

vgabndo - 2-23-2015 at 09:15 AM

The Western Flyer was a fat tire bicycle...the boat in question sank in Washington and requires no long distance move.
http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/about/media/western-fly...

Pompano - 2-23-2015 at 09:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I think that was also the name on the red wagons most of us had !! I'm waiting to hear how they are gonna move her from Monterey ca to port townsend Wa. I assume by ship, but don't know for sure...K&T

Captain....You're close. The little red wagon that I had as a kid was called the Radio Flyer and my snow sled was the Flexible Flyer. Lots of 'flyers' in the 40's and 50's.

Dunno what I called this scooter...but my Dad would say it did 'fly'.

[Edited on 2-23-2015 by Pompano]

bledito - 2-23-2015 at 09:40 AM

radoi flyer is still being built right here in wonderful Chicag about 4 blocks from where I am at has a hugh one postioned outside the size of a truck