BajaNomad

North Baja Yellowtail reports

BornFisher - 2-23-2015 at 09:35 PM

Well I was wondering if there were any yellowtail between Tijuana and Ensenada. So I have done some field research to satisfy my curiosity and help everyone out here. I fished with my old fishing buddy Cory (Tunaslam on BloodyDecks), last Wedenday and Thursday. Then Derek (Yellowkiller on Bloodydecks) and his friend Mike (my new friend). Here are Corys` report and Mikes`. -------------

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/rpt-02-19-15-a-2-da...

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/limits-of-tails-of-...

woody with a view - 2-23-2015 at 10:10 PM

Nice!

fish

captkw - 2-23-2015 at 10:17 PM

Hey KiDS,,Bleed,gut,chill,,.protect your catch...its not about killing....its all about eating a good fish...some one,,,,,anyone ..tell me I'm wrong ???

[Edited on 2-24-2015 by captkw]

Pescador - 2-24-2015 at 07:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
Hey KiDS,,Bleed,gut,chill,,.protect your catch...its not about killing....its all about eating a good fish...some one,,,,,anyone ..tell me I'm wrong ???

Thanks, they never would have thought of that. Actually I have fished with a couple of these guys and they are experts and bleeding and chilling, so save your rants for someone who does not approach your ever so humble wisdom, oh great one.

yellowklr - 2-24-2015 at 07:40 AM

Lets see your fish report you idiot???

You really think you know it all don't you

msteve1014 - 2-24-2015 at 08:31 AM

Good job Derek and friends. Don't waste your breath, capt. kilowatt knows all, and you don't even have to ask him first.

LOL...

captkw - 2-24-2015 at 08:40 AM

Those fish do not look like they were handled the way I would !! they are not gutted,,and iced..plain and simple..when I was running charters...oh never mind.....I think I'll waste my time talking with seagulls..........:lol: seems to be a lot of fools here to reply to me about fishing and taking care of your catch.....laying fish out on a dock to prove your manhood is child like and does nothing to prove your fishing skills over a life time.....any how looks like a great catch and a good day on the water !!

bill erhardt - 2-24-2015 at 10:43 AM

Cory/Derek/Mike.....Good job on some nice fish, guys!

[Edited on 2-24-2015 by bill erhardt]

[Edited on 2-24-2015 by bill erhardt]

BajaRat - 2-24-2015 at 06:57 PM

Your smiles and fish on BD tell it all.
Thanks for bringing us along, what a day :cool:

Jurel

yellowklr - 2-24-2015 at 07:02 PM

Thanks again Bill it was a blast!!!

Maybe some day we will be as cool and perfect as former CAPT KW
He can even tell by one pic how I care for my catch!!!

[Edited on 2-25-2015 by yellowklr]

BornFisher - 2-24-2015 at 08:13 PM

Well if you click the links, you`ll see we did bleed the fish and put them in 63 degree water. The air temp was also 63. We were in by noon. But the proof is in the pudding. If you read the post from Cory he says the hamachi was as good as he has ever had. This guy has probably had 500 plates of hamachi to taste. So maybe it was not up to your standards, but it was good enough for us.
Thanks everyone else for your comments, what a great yellowtail bite we have right now in northern Baja and way south!!

yellowklr - 2-24-2015 at 08:19 PM

Those fish do not look like they were handled the way I would !! they are not gutted,,and iced..plain and simple..when I was running charters...oh never mind.....I think I'll waste my time talking with seagulls..........:lol: seems to be a lot of fools here to reply to me about fishing and taking care of your catch.....laying fish out on a dock to prove your manhood is child like and does nothing to prove your fishing skills over a life time.....any how looks like a great catch and a good day on the water !!

Well when you only catch one triggerfish all day you have LOTS of time to gut,bleed,scale,pet,massage but i was busy catching,gaffing and catching more

Pescador - 2-24-2015 at 09:14 PM

Methinks the Cappy got into a bit of a buzzsaw, but if you have spent any time on here you will know it is not the first time nor will it be the last.

I keep wondering, Cappy if you are so doggone smart, how come you are so doggone Broke?

bajacalifornian - 2-24-2015 at 10:24 PM

Just good luck and fortune to be your amigo, amigo.
Ya, I get to eat it too!

MitchMan - 2-25-2015 at 11:25 AM

Being rich is not the litmus test for being smart. Many very, very smart people in history died penniless.

The Captain only gave good advice with no malintent. What is so wrong with that?

BornFisher - 2-25-2015 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MitchMan  
Being rich is not the litmus test for being smart. Many very, very smart people in history died penniless.

The Captain only gave good advice with no malintent. What is so wrong with that?

While the capt. was giving us good advice (which BTW we get it), he was poking us in the eye. That is what is wrong.

Geo_Skip - 2-25-2015 at 07:49 PM

Fish wasters. That photo will be shameful in 10 years.

woody with a view - 2-25-2015 at 07:59 PM

what ever happened to saying nothing if you got nothing? you haters don't get to eat their fish so STFU!

provide some pics of your own once in awhile!

Tomas Tierra - 2-25-2015 at 08:00 PM

I'm with Cappers on this one... Bent up, un bled(I assume), un gutted, in the sun.. Four big nono's in my book...

Didn't see the poke in the eye... Just sage advice..

Cory? Like, Yellow Time Cory?

BornFisher - 2-25-2015 at 08:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Geo_Skip  
Fish wasters. That photo will be shameful in 10 years.

Nonsense. The reason we took the fish to the dock, instead of cleaning them in the inter harbor, was to give the locals a chance to take the heads and left overs as well as whole fish. So some had whole fish, some got stuck with the heads and meat on the bones (soup). They all appreciated the food we gave them.

So if I may ask--- How did you utilize the last fish you caught? Was every scrap consumed, including head, collars, and meat on bones? If that picture is shameful in 10 years, then all pictures of todays` fish will be shameful.

[Edited on 2-26-2015 by BornFisher]

BornFisher - 2-25-2015 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tomas Tierra  
I'm with Cappers on this one... Bent up, un bled(I assume), un gutted, in the sun.. Four big nono's in my book...

Didn't see the poke in the eye... Just sage advice..

Cory? Like, Yellow Time Cory?

Oh my!! Some fish were bent because they were in my bait tank (water 63 degrees). All fish were bled (open the links and see). We don`t gut fish as we fish (do you?). We were in by noon (12 PM). The day was overcast, (a cool 64 degrees). The meat was wonderful!!!

vacaenbaja - 2-25-2015 at 08:40 PM

As far as I can see you are in complete compliance with the Mexican fish cleaning rules. No ticket for you. We in the USA have the luxury of being able to clean and filet out on the water.
As to who is going to check or care if you clean a shore is another question. Just like speeding no one seems mind until they are caught.
I am all for chilling and bleeding as soon as possible But when in Mexico I make do with lots of ice in the hold and quick trip back

redhilltown - 2-26-2015 at 12:40 AM

Damn! It's not like the guy had 50 Totuava laid out in the 100' sun....sheeeesh.

Skipjack Joe - 2-26-2015 at 03:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by yellowklr  

Well when you only catch one triggerfish all day you have LOTS of time to gut,bleed,scale,pet,massage but i was busy catching,gaffing and catching more

Sometimes you get lucky and get a quote that shows the measure of a man.