BajaNomad

Life at Casa Hogar del Ancianos - short bio for the Caretakers added

DianaT - 2-27-2015 at 01:48 PM

Most of these photos were taken by Juan Alberto Suarez Espinoza, the new caretaker at the home --- a few were taken by Penny. They simply represent a part of a day at the home.

The names are above the pictures

Federico enjoying a new to him shirt.

Chuy doing laundry

Penny's husband Murray and Enrique building the new garden fence. I guess Murray took some power tools, but Enrique wanted to build it the old-fashion way.

Hector who loves to tell Penny stories.

Nicanor who is blind, Isais, the assistant caretaker, Hector the story teller, and Penny, their Guardian Angel.

Juan giving a new blanket to Alfonso --- blankets donated by a local school

Aldolfo receiving his new blanket from Juan

I don't have his name --- I will add it later. Helping to clear for the garden

Afternoon snack time

And Juan took a nice picture of one of a recent nomad visitor --- I have requested his permission to post the picture as some prefer to not have their pictures posted. But he was there and he was appreciated.

To donate, and or visit, one can contact Penny at freelandib222@live.com She loves meeting the visitors, and you will enjoy meeting her.

However, some have preferred to just stop by on their own, and that is also very okay. As tripledigitken said, it was the highlight of their last Baja trip.

Thank you.

[Edited on 2-27-2015 by DianaT]

[Edited on 2-28-2015 by DianaT]

BajaBlanca - 2-27-2015 at 05:12 PM

great shots!

willardguy - 2-27-2015 at 05:16 PM

love that "im done saying stuff" hat!:lol:

The Caretakers from the Mission Church

DianaT - 2-28-2015 at 11:29 AM

In their own words with pictures from Penny.

The Caretaker:

Juan Alberto Suarez Espinoza originario de Ensenada B.C. Com papa, mama y 3 hermanas 2 mayores y una menor. Servidor de la Casa Hogar de los Ancianos

The assistant Caretaker

Isaias Gonsales Jose. El mayor de 5 hermanos con padre y madre originario de San Quintin B.C servidor de la Casa Hogar de los Ancianos

And they are doing a great job!

And Nappo, I agree that caretakers also need care. :yes:

Penny F. - 2-28-2015 at 09:24 PM

I have posted many photos in the last 6 weeks of the Grandpas and Juan and Isiais so I thought I should formally introduce them!
Juan graduated from Pastor School in Vicente Guerro and decided that this Home would be his Mission, we are so very Happy to have him! He has brought his Faith, Compassion, and Love to us All! Welcome Juanito!

Isiais also has brought the gift of Happiness, Love, and Self Respect to the Grandpas and me. The men adore Isiais and enjoy spending time with him, he is responsible for showers, shaving and dressing the men. I must say they are looking pretty Spiffy lately!
Welcome and Thanks to you Both! Love, Penny and the Grandpas

DianaT - 3-4-2015 at 04:58 PM

Every donation of every different kind is so appreciated. This is what Penny posted on the facebook page.

Quote:

We received a Wonderful donation 2 days ago from 2 men on Motorcycles, they brought Fresh Carne, Chicken, Fish and Veggies! Thank you for your Kindness and Generosity!! The Grandpas had Fish Tacos for lunch today!! Mucho Gracias Amigos!! Love, Penny and the Grandpas

I was just curious if maybe these guys hang around Nomads.

Thank you. It is all good.