BajaNomad

Dollar blows past 15.2

Hook - 3-5-2015 at 01:17 PM

Dollar is climbing again, today.

Bob and Susan - 3-5-2015 at 01:25 PM

still 14.3 at the border...
that's where most people exchange their dollars

people shouldn't think they are going to get the internet rate...it won't happen

SFandH - 3-5-2015 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  

people shouldn't think they are going to get the internet rate...it won't happen

Even at ATMs? That's where I get my pesos. I haven't used a casa de cambio in several years.

bajatravelergeorge - 3-5-2015 at 01:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Even at ATMs? That's where I get my pesos. I haven't used a casa de cambio in several years.

Good luck figuring out what exchange rate you got. By the time the banks tack all of their fees on and checking your bank statement.

vandenberg - 3-5-2015 at 01:55 PM

Bob,
we use our B of A visa travel card for nearly everything here in Loreto and get that internet rate plus 1% back for using this card. No fees for foreign purchases.

Bajaboy - 3-5-2015 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatravelergeorge  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Good luck figuring out what exchange rate you got. By the time the banks tack all of their fees on and checking your bank statement.

All you do is divide the number of pesos you withdrew by the amount of dollars deducted from your account. How difficult is that?

Howard - 3-5-2015 at 02:06 PM

Yesterday in Loreto at the ATM from Bancomer, I netted 14.91

Whale-ista - 3-5-2015 at 08:23 PM

I use my credit union account at the ATM- always offers the best rate.

I've noticed for some reason the rate with the money market account is a little better than withdrawing from checking- don't know why, but seems a little higher. (The fees are the same.)

pacsur - 3-6-2015 at 05:06 AM

I exchanged at 15.09 yesterday,3-05 with Santander online.

Marc - 3-6-2015 at 06:41 AM

Jeez! I have mucho old Pesos. I should just cash in when coming back. I get mine here at the bank. I guess they get their cut.

24baja - 3-6-2015 at 11:09 AM

14.25 online @ BOA yesterday