BajaNomad

Armando's at Santispac

Pescador - 3-6-2015 at 07:54 AM

We will be playing Sunday the 15th of March at Armando's Restaurant which is at Santispac Beach starting around 4.

Fernweh - 3-6-2015 at 08:05 AM

Are there now two restaurants at Santispac?

Pompano - 3-6-2015 at 10:12 AM

Sounds like a good time. Should be easy to find at Santispac.

[Edited on 3-7-2015 by Pompano]

AKgringo - 3-6-2015 at 10:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Fernweh  
Are there now two restaurants at Santispac?

I stopped by there in late November, and yes there were two restaurants there.
I am not sure they were both open at that time, (brunch?) but I ate at Armando's and the food and service were great!

Edit........I did not use it this last trip, but I have rented their shower facility before. What did it cost? Don't know, didn't care, I needed it!

[Edited on 3-6-2015 by AKgringo]

Howard - 3-6-2015 at 10:35 AM

I ate at Armando's around 2 weeks ago and I give it a thumbs up!

Pescador - 3-6-2015 at 03:50 PM

Yes, two restaurants at Santispac. Armando's is the first and Anna's is at the end of the beach. Armando heard us play at San Lucas Cove at The Bahia and has been after us for a long time, and this was the first open date we had.

Correction

AKgringo - 3-6-2015 at 05:31 PM

I stand corrected, I ate at the place on the north end of the beach! I thought from an earlier post on this thread that Anna's had been re-named.

yellowklr - 3-6-2015 at 08:50 PM

Awesome!!!!!

Pescador - 3-7-2015 at 07:00 AM

AK Gringo, as you look at Pompano's picture of the beach, it is facing East to West. So Anna's is the restaurant furthest to the East.

Just so the directions are clear...

David K - 3-7-2015 at 07:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
AK Gringo, as you look at Pompano's picture of the beach, it is facing East to West. So Anna's is the restaurant furthest to the East.

Because of the way Santispac beach faces (mostly south down the length of Bahia Concepcion) and the way Hwy. 1 curves all over in all directions, knowing the compass heading is not easy!

When examined Pompano's camera is actually pointed to the east more than any other direction. The furthest from him would be to the east as stated, but Roger is pointed from west to east. Maybe that's what you were trying to say?

This image is oriented like a map, with north at the top...

AKgringo - 3-7-2015 at 08:34 AM

Thanks for the new perspective, but since my recall of details is clouded by thoughts of chilequilles y huevos fritos, my review should be considered unreliable! I'm not sure where I was.
I recommend that if anyone reading this is in the area, they should go there next Sunday, and listen for Pescador's music.

Pompano - 3-7-2015 at 09:27 AM

Edited Photo to show Ana's and direction. Armando's will be at this end and to the left as you enter Playa Santispac from the highway. (Close to where Ray's old cafe was located.)

Pescador - 3-13-2015 at 08:04 AM

By the way, we will be playing at El Candil restaurant tonight, Friday the 13th.:o:o:o