BajaNomad

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS BEGINS! (well in most states and Baja Norte)

David K - 3-8-2015 at 12:12 AM

Just a heads up that on Sunday March 8, 2 AM (2015), California and Baja California (Norte) SPRING AHEAD 1 Hour and lose an hour sleep!

Arizona and Hawaii don't touch their clocks, and a few other places... The rest of Mexico changes a month after Baja Norte... except I think Sonora stays matched to Arizona?

[Edited on 3-8-2015 by David K]

bajajudy - 3-8-2015 at 08:41 AM

Not here in BCS

BooJumMan - 3-8-2015 at 08:53 AM

Darn now I can't feel guilt free when I roll into work 1hr late tomorrow ;P

AKgringo - 3-8-2015 at 08:55 AM

Let me see if I got this right. Today all of Baja is the same time zone, tomorrow there will be a one hour change at Guerrero Negro, and in a month it will be all one zone again?
If so, that would explain some of my confusion on a spring trip two years ago.
I hate daylight savings time in Anchorage! It is in the wrong time zone to start with (geographically) and this time of year people wind up going to school or work in the dark, and watch the sun go down about 9 pm.

monoloco - 3-8-2015 at 08:58 AM

Bob H - 3-8-2015 at 09:02 AM

For the U.S. and its territories, Daylight Saving Time is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands, and Arizona. The Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, even in Arizona, due to its large size and location in three states.

mtgoat666 - 3-8-2015 at 09:21 AM

I am surprised that DK spells it incorrectly. It is "daylight saving time". No "s" on saving!

DianaT - 3-8-2015 at 09:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Arizona and Hawaii don't touch their clocks, and a few other places...

[Edited on 3-8-2015 by David K]

A quite large geographical area with a significant population percentage within the borders of Arizona DO change their clocks --- The Navajo Nation. But the Hopi Nation within the boundaries of the Navajo Nation do not change their clocks.

See Why Many Think Daylight Saving Time is Not a Good Idea

SFandH - 3-8-2015 at 09:56 AM

Including me!

[Edited on 3-8-2015 by SFandH]

David K - 3-8-2015 at 10:02 AM

I wish they would leave it alone on the Savings setting here. It is already more of the year in Daylight Savings than in standard time. Who likes coming home from work in the dark or not having any sunlight after work?

SFandH - 3-8-2015 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Who likes coming home from work in the dark or not having any sunlight after work?

Me! Even though I no longer work I remember coming home from work dog tired. Gimmie some food, turn on the tube, and go to sleep. The mornings however are my favorite time of the day. The earlier the sun comes up the better! I always wake up before dawn and enjoy the mornings. Evenings? Pfft.

[Edited on 3-8-2015 by SFandH]