BajaNomad

Hotel Terrasal

oxxo - 3-12-2015 at 09:11 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Terrasal in Guererro Negro for the 6th time in the last six months. It has become our "go to" spot - high speed Internet, lots of hot water, very clean rooms, and the hanging wardrobes even have hangers now! Room rates remain 550p per night but they now charge an extra 100p for a dog and only one dog allowed per room. The Hotel appeared to be full the night we were there.

The restaurant on the premises is becoming very popular - reasonable prices with very good food. Often times there is a wait for a table. We always order with room service. It works like a charm. My wife likes the BLHT club sandwich with fries. Fortunately she can't eat it all......and I get the rest.

This hotel is a remarkable value halfway down the peninsula. I wish they had a website to make reservations. I know Sheri will make reservations for you. Thanks Sheri, F&F.

Agree!^^

Whale-ista - 3-12-2015 at 09:28 AM

Stayed there in January with Shari. Comfy beds, good wifi, quiet, clean and modern. Huge rooms, large parking lot for bigger vehicles. Tile floors were a bit chilly in January but easier to keep clean.

Haven't tried the restaurant yet but it looks very popular.

One caveat: Pay close attention to traffic when arriving and departing. It's located at the end of GN closest to the highway and the road has a funny Y- split right in front of the hotel entrance that can lead to some near misses.

Bummer re extra charge for dog in room...poodle Will have to get a job to begin pulling her weight.

Lee - 3-13-2015 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the head's up. Can't wait. Been waiting for an alternative to Cowboy and Malarimmo's. I've been offered the use of a jet ski and, on a different trip, mota. Always interesting plus the fog reminds me of San Francisco. Plus, Shari and Juan live nearby. It's a perfect world.

Probablly make reservations here: hotelterrasal@hotmail.com

motoged - 3-13-2015 at 10:58 AM

It's great to find a motel with such good customer services available:cool:

toronja - 3-13-2015 at 02:49 PM

Man! We really liked this place, it was our new go-to road hotel after two different stays (Dec and Jan) - out of sight parking, nice clean rooms, reasonable prices, good service - but the one dog rule is a major bummer for us. We will see what they say when we come through next week, but we may end up back at the Cowboy or Don Vicente's.

Out of curiosity, has anyone asked about dogs at the Kadekaman in Vizcaino?

baconjr - 3-13-2015 at 04:16 PM

Stayed there in the middle of February. Rooms clean, internet so so. You can park in front of your room. Didn't eat there but would stay there again.

Bajahowodd - 3-13-2015 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by oxxo  
We stayed at the Hotel Terrasal in Guererro Negro for the 6th time in the last six months. It has become our "go to" spot - high speed Internet, lots of hot water, very clean rooms, and the hanging wardrobes even have hangers now! Room rates remain 550p per night but they now charge an extra 100p for a dog and only one dog allowed per room. The Hotel appeared to be full the night we were there.

The restaurant on the premises is becoming very popular - reasonable prices with very good food. Often times there is a wait for a table. We always order with room service. It works like a charm. My wife likes the BLHT club sandwich with fries. Fortunately she can't eat it all......and I get the rest.

This hotel is a remarkable value halfway down the peninsula. I wish they had a website to make reservations. I know Sheri will make reservations for you. Thanks Sheri, F&F.

Me too about the website. I had been e-mailing them, and suddenly, they stopped returning my e-mails. And I do shower.:lol: