BajaNomad

Rancho Grande Showers

Marc - 3-12-2015 at 09:22 PM

Any improvement to the Gonzaga R Grande showers? Still dirty and stinky? Will be hanging for a week on the beach next month.
Is the Pemex still out of gas? Seems every time I'm through it's closed.

Tioloco - 3-12-2015 at 09:26 PM

Not sure what your expectations are, but I have used them the last couple of years and as of this past Christmas, the showers were awesome for the price. I think it was around $4 or $5 bucks. Gas still iffy. FWIW

woody with a view - 3-12-2015 at 10:21 PM

just think, when it's up to your standards NOB, gas is available 24/7 and Starbucks opens a hole in the wall why would anyone want to go there?

just sayin.....

Tioloco - 3-12-2015 at 10:27 PM

Come to think about it, running out of gas in Gonzaga and hanging out on the beach for a while and not worrying about a shower sounds pretty good right now.

redhilltown - 3-12-2015 at 11:59 PM

What is this "shower" you speak of?????????

Marc - 3-13-2015 at 06:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
What is this "shower" you speak of?????????

Shower...you know. Well... in Mexico it's place where you stand under a small trickle of cold water.;)

Tbone - 3-13-2015 at 07:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
just think, when it's up to your standards NOB, gas is available 24/7 and Starbucks opens a hole in the wall why would anyone want to go there?

just sayin.....

So everythig positive is a negitive?

David K - 3-13-2015 at 07:42 AM

Gonzaga Bay, please stay that way...

*Campo Beluga has showers, natural temperature water.
*The Pemex closes every day for siesta when they do have gas (2-4, your time will vary), and is closed all day when they don't.
*The shrimp dinner at Alfonsina's will make you forget the other issues.

[Edited on 3-13-2015 by David K]

nomad 034.jpg - 48kB

dizzyspots - 3-13-2015 at 11:21 AM

Rancho Grande market has been almost completely renovated..the showers...moved away from the latrines..are now HUGE...perhaps 10ft x 10 ft...spotless and HOT water...market is much larger and better stocked...the attached restaurant...still needs help all this as of Nov 2014...

David K - 3-13-2015 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dizzyspots  
Rancho Grande market has been almost completely renovated..the showers...moved away from the latrines..are now HUGE...perhaps 10ft x 10 ft...spotless and HOT water...market is much larger and better stocked...the attached restaurant...still needs help all this as of Nov 2014...

What is the purpose of the showers at that location: highway workers, truck drivers? Why not have them by the beach if they are for tourists? Of course, they could do a lot more at the beach than the palapas and that dusty field next to them. Any word on the hotel shown on the plan in the market, now with pavement there?

rts551 - 3-13-2015 at 03:01 PM

The Rodriguez family, who owns Ranch Grande, are waiting for more traffic before building anything. Still 23 miles left. workers are busy on cement curbs.

David K - 3-13-2015 at 03:17 PM

Thank you Ralph. Maybe tomato sales are down?

Marc - 3-13-2015 at 07:44 PM

just sayin.....

GOOD WOOD....What's a "PITA" Nomad?? Jeez...not one if THEM.....? I hope not.:cool::cool:

Marc - 3-13-2015 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Gonzaga Bay, please stay that way...

*Campo Beluga has showers, natural temperature water.
*The Pemex closes every day for siesta when they do have gas (2-4, your time will vary), and is closed all day when they don't.
*The shrimp dinner at Alfonsina's will make you forget the other issues.
I'm going for the shrimp dinner. I can do without the shower.

[Edited on 3-14-2015 by Marc]

Bajaboy - 3-13-2015 at 08:05 PM

I won't have any problems finding a warm shower next Saturday in Gonzaga:light:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/COLEMAN-SHOWER-CAMP-5GAL/13848644:bounce:

camp showers

captkw - 3-13-2015 at 08:14 PM

I got a ZODI and cant find anything near as good...after the pump failed I hooked up a 12 volt bilge pump and run off the car/truck/boat battery and can adjust the temp with a single knob and pressure with a adjustable shower head...Now there's a Baja tip of the day!!....K&T:light:
PS ..the hot tap with box is the way to go IMO...
[Edited on 3-14-2015 by captkw]

[Edited on 3-14-2015 by captkw]

willardguy - 3-14-2015 at 12:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

just sayin.....

GOOD WOOD....What's a "PITA" Nomad?? Jeez...not one if THEM.....? I hope not.:cool::cool:

:lol: I think you have it confused with PETA! obviously woody is referencing a Mediterranean flatbread :lol:

Marc - 3-14-2015 at 06:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by Marc  

just sayin.....

:lol: I think you have it confused with PETA! obviously woody is referencing a Mediterranean flatbread :lol:

PETA "That's People Eating Tasty Animals";)

redhilltown - 3-14-2015 at 11:09 PM

...and I still love my solar showers. Fill em up before you go and put them in a water tight keep box. Best shower in the middle of frickin nowhere that you'll ever have!

mcfez - 3-15-2015 at 08:14 AM

As DK said "The Pemex closes every day for siesta when they do have gas".......however......the service folks are the behind of the station many times. With a nice asking....they may come out to help during their siesta.

BooJumMan - 4-25-2016 at 12:55 PM

Assuming it's the same...but Rancho Grande and/or Gonzaga bay Pemex still the same with gas?

motoged - 4-25-2016 at 01:35 PM

*Campo Beluga has showers, natural temperature water.....

David,
Love it...... :biggrin:

David K - 4-25-2016 at 05:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

*Campo Beluga has showers, natural temperature water.....

David,
Love it...... :biggrin:

Thank you! Natural is good, right? :coolup:

Gas

jkruk - 4-25-2016 at 06:30 PM

Passed through heading north on mon 4/19 station open fuel avalable .dirt done in 1:45 ,canyon still rough, chapala recent grading,cocos down ok

Barry A. - 4-26-2016 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
...and I still love my solar showers. Fill em up before you go and put them in a water tight keep box. Best shower in the middle of frickin nowhere that you'll ever have!

I am with-you, RedHill. For many years my wife and I have used a 3-gallon Sun Shower hanging on the side of our camper in Baja and elsewhere in the wilds----------with care, 3 gallons serves both of us, and even allows shampooing our hair. We call it our "Navy Shower", and it is totally adequate. Every time we encounter any fresh water in our travels, we fill our sun shower for future use. Works for us.

We also carry a spare shower-head to screw on to the water-pipe in Mexico's primitive showers as the shower-head is invariably missing (stolen, we assume).

bkbend - 4-26-2016 at 09:06 AM

Solar showers have always worked fine for me. Just keep an eye on the ravens. The wife and I went out for a kayak paddle one day and returned to find an empty shower bag. The ravens have learned there is fresh water inside and are pretty good at poking holes in the bag to access it.

Barry A. - 4-26-2016 at 11:44 AM

BKbend-----------now THAT's depressing news!!! but thanks for the real-world warning. (clever little creatures, those ravens)