BajaNomad

Changing times

motoged - 3-13-2015 at 03:46 PM

The highways were one of the primary developments that have brought about change in Baja over the years.

But before that, change was happening all over....and some have a name for such a phenomena....and an interesting view.

Short read (BEWARE: "The idea ... remains controversial, and is embraced by environmental scientists but largely rejected by geologists." ):

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/the-anthropocene-was-1610-the-start-of-the-age-of-man-1.2993907

[Edited on 3-13-2015 by motoged]

Alm - 3-13-2015 at 03:59 PM

Yes, we've been changing the environment, to worse. Duh.

woody with a view - 3-13-2015 at 04:54 PM

7billion people and counting. California running out of water. How many humans are too many?

Barry A. - 3-13-2015 at 05:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
7billion people and counting. California running out of water. How many humans are too many?

Open the borders and we will find out fast. :light: :lol:

Barry

---

Cisco - 3-13-2015 at 06:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

Worldwide we have the capability of sustaining at a quality level of existence between 10 and 11 billion humans.

This, of course will not occur as it would require a dedication of all for all instead of the "I want my fair share, which is all of it" thinking which was voiced by one of the Koch brothers.

Never underestimate the value of the exponent; the "19 and counting" family in a very few generations will have peopled a small city.

We also are birthing daily more than a quarter of a million new people than are dying. DAILY! (Recent article on running out of space in graveyards for another time).

The problem of course is greed. Using the U.S. for example, we have dedicated 57% of our GDP to the "war" effort. (The day BEFORE 9/11, on 9/10 the Pentagon discovered 3.1 TRILLION dollars missing and was forced to announce that fact. 9/11 took our minds off it and allowed the much wanted by a specific small group of people "Patriot Act" to be signed. All downhill from there).

If that 57% were to be used for education (we have a dismal education system now, used to be the world's finest), health and welfare, and used honestly, by all countries, we could certainly and easily handle the population.

Gonna hoppen??? No way Man. I got mine. flock you!.

Osprey - 3-13-2015 at 08:25 PM

Wow, thanks. I don't know I missed that. CBS News. It's all I watch. It must all be true.

Thanks again.