BajaNomad

My Spring Baja Flowers-added more this pm

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2015 at 12:41 PM

My garden is aflowering again and I thought I would share some of the awesomeness:

This is a beautiful cactus mosaic made by Feathers for me !

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS ONE?

I BELIEVE THIS IS CALLED GRANDIFLORA:

TINY FLOWERS ON THE CACTUS THAT CAME ALL THE WAY FROM SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE TO LA BOCANA:

AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME (AND THE LAST) THAT THIS AGAVE ATTENUATA WILL FLOWER. THE FUNNIEST PART IS THAT THE INSECTS TAKE TURNS BUZZING AROUND IT- FLIES(WHO KNEW), THEN BUTTERFLIES, THEN BEES AND FINALLY DRAGONFLIES.......

THERE ARE MORE - SURE HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I AM.

[Edited on 3-22-2015 by BajaBlanca]

woody with a view - 3-21-2015 at 12:57 PM

nice! the one you want ID'd i have the same one and it has finished blooming already! our bulbs are coming up, all of the succulents are sprouting and summer is on the way!

blackwolfmt - 3-21-2015 at 01:12 PM

Dont Ya luv spring, hey Blanca the 4th pic down the plant on the right side flat wide leaves do U know what that one is I have one that is 7-8 ft tall and nobody knows what it is??

woody with a view - 3-21-2015 at 01:43 PM

it looks like a variety of a dragon fruit. there are many.

Whale-ista - 3-21-2015 at 01:49 PM

The long stalk with orange/red flowers almost looks like an aloe- I have one in my yard that is similar.

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2015 at 05:26 PM

I will hunt under aloes whale-ista

blackwolfmt -the flat leafed one I believe is a Platycerium bifurcatum - (staghorn)

MORE FLOWERS - SO LES CALLS ME OUTSIDE THE OTHER DAY AND SAYS THERE IS A FLOWER AT THE EDGE OF OUR PROPERTY. THAT IS WHERE I ISOLATE PLANTS THAT SEEM VERY DISEASED. LOOK WHAT WE FOUND! I HADN'T WATERED IT IN AGES BUT IT RAINED RECENTLY:

IT MAY GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE UGLIEST PLANTS I OWN, WHO'D'VE GUESSED THE FLOWER WOULD BE GORGEOUS?

COMMON ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT I ADORE THIS PLANT:

FEATHERS GAVE ME THIS ONE ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO ?? LOOK AT YOUR BABY NOW! FIRST TIME IT HAS FLOWERED FOR ME:

THERE IS A PLANT CALLED STRING OF PEARLS HERE, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARRANGEMENT - ALSO IN BLOOM:

I FOUND THIS ON FACEBOOK - I DO NOT KNOW WHO TO CREDIT BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT:

AND THE CAPTION,WRITTEN BY CICERO, READS: IF YOU HAVE A GARDEN AND A LIBRARY, YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

I LOVE MY GARDEN .... I TRULY DO.