BajaNomad

surprise donation

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2015 at 05:41 PM

got to meet bajanomad KurtG and his lovely wife as they unexpectedly pulled into town yesterday .....they brought me a donation of notebooks, pens, pencils and some cashola for the teens:

but what they did do (kurt says the thanks go to Kathy who did the shopping (thanks Kathy!) which was really different and put a bigger smile than usual on my gordita face WAS- she put in an impulse gift which is a sketch book. Since one of the teens in La Paz is indeed studying architecture and has NO sketchbook - this one is headed that way!

cheers to Thinking Outside The Box. cheers to all of YOU who are always cheering me on. cheers to Kathy and KurtG!

Whale-ista - 3-21-2015 at 05:43 PM

Ditto: thank you Kurt & Kathy!

Blanca- I will check for sketch books in addition to other school supplies at the local discount stores.

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2015 at 06:25 PM

whale-ista ---- you are doing so much already! trust me on this ! no no no to buying more amiguita ..... I so appreciate your always willingness to help!

KurtG - 3-22-2015 at 01:42 PM

We really enjoyed our visit to La Bocana and the great tour of the town Blanca gave us. Les's breakfast cooking skills lived up to his reputation and to my mind their Hotel/B&B is one of Baja's best bargains. $40 US for two of us, very comfy room and use of the kitchen and living room as well.

After leaving La Bocana we went on to Mulege, with stops at Campo Rene and San Ignacio. We're spending a couple of nights in Mulege before continuing south. No fixed route or schedule on this trip, Kathy is newly retired so for the first time we can take our time and travel with no real schedule.

Maron - 3-22-2015 at 01:48 PM

Kurt and Kathy.

Good for both of you, the donation and the easy trip visiting wonderful Baja South.

I can't wait for my lovely wife to retire.

Enjoy

baja Steve - 3-22-2015 at 02:06 PM

I have known Kurt for many years and he is a great and caring guy.

KurtG - 3-22-2015 at 04:54 PM

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words. I plan to be up your way in July, hope to see you.
Kurt

baja Steve - 3-22-2015 at 08:03 PM

Perfect and you guys always have a place to stay here in Bend

BajaBlanca - 3-23-2015 at 12:06 AM

:biggrin:

They are indeed a wonderful couple- thanks for the hotel comments!