BajaNomad

Liars, thieves and crooks

pelone - 3-21-2015 at 06:33 PM

After changing rental agent/property manager this past month I learned from a Mexican neighbor that our house had been occupied for three weeks in October. However, somehow our agent forgot to mention this to us and did not record it in the end of year report. So---not only did our agent not pay the various taxes for lodging tax and income to the Hacienda, we have been cheated out of an additional 4000 dollars. By the way---this is a "norteamericano" perpetrating the fraud. What can be done?

DENNIS - 3-21-2015 at 06:56 PM

Names...please.

luv2fish - 3-21-2015 at 10:58 PM

I Thought it was " Gypsies, Tramps, and Thiefs " :lol::lol:

music.png - 9kB

Russ - 3-22-2015 at 07:41 AM

Get documentation of the folks that stayed and the neighbors statement and visit a lawyer. I wouldn't pursue this without a good lawyer. A lawyer may be able to get your money back without going thru the legal system.

latina - 3-22-2015 at 09:30 AM

You need to get proof, not just in the form of he said, she said. Then you have a claim of abuse of confidence. If you start talking to people about this person without the proof, he could report you for defamation of character....and you'd be screwed...it happened to a girlfriend of mine....I'm betting you won't see the money again and getting a lawyer involved won't change a thing...except to extract more money from your wallet....:(

Stickers - 3-22-2015 at 01:35 PM

If you have internet at your house get a webcam at the front door or anywhere on the property. Then you can see who is coming and going at all times via your home computer or phone etc.

pelone - 3-22-2015 at 02:12 PM

Lencho---what is Migra, please?

Migra

AKgringo - 3-22-2015 at 02:25 PM

I notice that Lencho is off line, but you are on here looking for an answer. If I can jump in here, I am pretty sure he is referring to Mexican 'Immigration'.

chuckie - 3-22-2015 at 03:31 PM

Putting a camera in now is locking the horse after the barn has been stolen...

grace59 - 3-22-2015 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I notice that Lencho is off line, but you are on here looking for an answer. If I can jump in here, I am pretty sure he is referring to Mexican 'Immigration'.

Yes, Migra is the Mexican Immigration. Does this Property Manager have the proper papers to work in Mexico?? If not, Migra might want to know. :lol: So sorry that you were cheated. That never feels good.

SFandH - 3-22-2015 at 03:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pelone  
After changing rental agent/property manager this past month I learned from a Mexican neighbor that our house had been occupied for three weeks in October. However, somehow our agent forgot to mention this to us and did not record it in the end of year report. So---not only did our agent not pay the various taxes for lodging tax and income to the Hacienda, we have been cheated out of an additional 4000 dollars. By the way---this is a "norteamericano" perpetrating the fraud. What can be done?

Have you stopped by his office and asked him what gives? Maybe there is a mistake that he might want to correct.

pelone - 3-22-2015 at 04:11 PM

SF&H---sat down with agent, gave chance to clarify---said neighbors were liars-contacted renting family who confirmed three week stay--two neighbors are in our church who partied with them on our deck---no axes to grind--asked agent for proof of facturas for other rentals to prove lodging and sales taxes had been filed on 15th of each month--no facturas were shown---told that they do not do business that way---says that payments are made in one fell swoop and that they are not required to have separate factors for each rental property.

SFandH - 3-22-2015 at 04:15 PM

Well good, at least you tried to handle it privately before going further. Next step, I don't know.

BajaBlanca - 3-23-2015 at 12:11 AM

bummer.