BajaNomad

Fishing license in BCS

bajajudy - 3-31-2015 at 03:17 PM

http://www.bajasursportfishing.com

chavycha - 3-31-2015 at 03:23 PM

Very nice. An improvement over their previous site for sure. Wish they didn't tack on the extra 'fee' of 60p or whatever, but for a year's license it's not a big deal.

Pescador - 3-31-2015 at 05:18 PM

They had to do that because of the bank agreement. This site is a big improvement and the good news is that all the money stays in Baja Sur. PESCA has shown a really large commitment to the sport fishing group and they are sponsoring tournaments, actually setting up enforcement, and acting with a very active voice for legislation and rules that effect the sport fishing group. If you buy from one of the travel clubs or from your favorite sporting goods store, the money goes to Ensenada, but if you buy locally or from this site, then all monies stay in Baja Sur.

chavycha - 3-31-2015 at 07:43 PM

I have heard a couple of explanations as to why they're more in BCS than BCN. You'll note that the BCN site is down for the duration...interesting. :)

Anyhow, regarding the use of the money, I was happy to see the increased presence of the enforcement guys in La Ribera this year. The local rep was at the beach nearly every morning (crimson truck). Talked fishing with him a few times. He also came by to check on us one evening when we were late getting in (hot bite). I wish I could remember his name, nice guy.

CaboMagic - 4-1-2015 at 07:24 PM

Angler Licenses have always had a special spot in my heart ... there have been numerous posts over the oh-so-many-years that I ventured to respond on/to in my attempt at ayuda ...

Since day one, we've required every passenger aboard a charter we arrange/provide to have a valid license ... including photographers and cheerleaders .. even the wee little ones that will be actively fishing and hopefully catching too .. And in those early days, being the only charter company to charge the client for, and then actually pass the dinero on to Pesca made us a bit of an oddity .. read between the lines if you wish.

What we do, and how we do it, continues to be done in a combination of ways and means to ensure we do the right thing ..

Altho I do have an opinion about the Norte/Sur money issue, I'll best keep in to myself and just continue to be certain to do it :)

By the way, our captains are making lots and lots of very happy - and well fed - VIP Guests :bounce: ...

Because "Pictures Tell The Reel Story" © I'm including a photo of 12 year old Ellie Toonman and her dad Greg proudly posing with her first Striped Marlin ... visitors from Sugar Hill, Georgia.
This beauty was carefully revived and released after the photo was taken.

[Edited on 4-2-2015 by CaboMagic]

Ellie.jpg - 60kB