BajaNomad

Your Help Needed (update: FOUND!)

Rorejo - 4-6-2015 at 11:18 AM

Hi Nomads,

I have lurked on your site for a number of years and now I need your help.

My father, Robert Jordan and his friend Deanna Miller left Tijuana last Monday morning (3/30) and had planned to arrive in Loreto by Tuesday evening (3/31).
A phone call confirming their arrival was planned, but wasn't made. Neither my sister nor I have heard from them.
Robert has made the trip to Loreto dozens of times and usually stops the first night in San Ignacio or Santa Rosalia on the way down.
I have been unable to find them at any of the likely lodgings.
I made a missing persons report with the consulate in Tijuana on Friday (4/3) and am currently trying to follow up with the Duty Officer.

Robert and Deanna are driving a gray 2006 Toyota Avalon.
Below is a photo of Robert. I will attach a photo of Deanna soon.

If any of you anywhere along the highway have seen them or heard anything about them, I and their families would be very grateful to know it.

Thank you,

Roland Jordan

image.jpg - 39kB

image.jpg - 92kB

[Edited on 4-6-2015 by Rorejo]

[Edited on 4-7-2015 by BajaNomad]

Maron - 4-6-2015 at 11:26 AM

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours

DianaT - 4-6-2015 at 11:29 AM

If you are on facebook, be sure to post this on the TalkBaja facebook page --- if not, I can post it for you.

Hoping they are just having a good time and you hear SOON. Best of luck

On edit --- what is your contact number? How does someone report to you?

[Edited on 4-6-2015 by DianaT]

desertcpl - 4-6-2015 at 11:41 AM

best of luck,, you have come to the right place for help

BajaBlanca - 4-6-2015 at 12:07 PM

They will show up soon and I will head over to the beach JUST IN CASE they decided to detour to our village.

I also wrote to Terry at the yurts in San Ignacio....

DianaT - 4-6-2015 at 12:22 PM

It is now on TalkBaja, so any of you who are down there can share it on your facebook page.

DianaT - 4-6-2015 at 02:23 PM

Someone who knows your father asked if you know which hotel in Loreto he planned on staying in?

Lots of people are sharing this on their own facebook page --- and someone is translating it into Spanish to post on some Spanish pages.

Keep lots of positive thoughts!

Rorejo - 4-6-2015 at 03:01 PM

Dad wasn't sure where he was going to stay.

Bajahowodd - 4-6-2015 at 04:56 PM

Just wondering if the phone service he had was not available in Mexico.

That said, and God forbid, if something awful happened to them, whether a road incident, or some other crime, if the Mexican authorities were able to get their identity, you would know.

Rorejo - 4-6-2015 at 08:18 PM

They have been found and all is well.
Lecture time for sure.

Thank you, nomads, for helping our family.

Roland

willardguy - 4-6-2015 at 08:28 PM

XLNT!

Katiejay99 - 4-6-2015 at 08:43 PM

SO happy to hear that all is well.

Maron - 4-6-2015 at 09:02 PM

Super, shall we order up doubles?

Am happy for all concerned.

güéribo - 4-6-2015 at 09:34 PM

So glad.

BajaBlanca - 4-7-2015 at 07:57 AM

Great day in Paradise.

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 12:12 PM

Good news. You must be really relieved.

motoged - 4-7-2015 at 12:47 PM

So....what happened?

I think we deserve a follow-up to the alert...."inquiring minds want to know".

Bob53 - 4-7-2015 at 01:09 PM

I have to say I was also curious as to what, if anything, happened.

motoged - 4-7-2015 at 03:33 PM

Not too long ago such reports and calls for assistance generated tons of theories, arm-chair sleuthing, and blaming.....this time folks seemed content to just send some bouquets.

Sometimes we learn from such "disappearances"....and how to best respond....if we learn from from them, we might be better prepared to know what to do to offer help.

I am not being a voyeur as much as being curious as to where the communications broke down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o

Whale-ista - 4-7-2015 at 03:37 PM

It's easy to relax, enjoy yourself and lose track of time- and calling home- on the road in Baja. (I've been lectured by my familiy for similar short-term "disappearances")

Glad they checked in to let you know all is good.

Quote: Originally posted by Rorejo  
They have been found and all is well.
Lecture time for sure.

Thank you, nomads, for helping our family.

Roland

willardguy - 4-7-2015 at 03:47 PM

I was afraid he had been mistaken for the zen master by irate laker fans! :o

bajabuddha - 4-7-2015 at 04:01 PM

Seeing as how the 'need-help' call went out at 11:00 a.m. and they were located at 10:p.m. the same day, I'd venture to say that's when the communications ended (not 'broke down').

Watching all the posts and lateral help efforts happening on the thread in that short space of time, I think the Nomads did what they normally do, so now the scrapping can begin. I found it pretty impressive.

BTW, my 'Better Half's' Dad travels back and forth from Sandy Eggo to here every couple of months, and sometimes he neglects to tell anyone of his kids he's on the road.... drives her nertz. Common courtesy is a blessing, forgetfulness forgivable.

It is a very happy ending, without high drama ...DANG IT! :lol:

AKgringo - 4-7-2015 at 04:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Seeing as how the 'need-help' call went out at 11:00 a.m. and they were located at 10:p.m. the same day, I'd venture to say that's when the communications ended (not 'broke down').

Watching all the posts and lateral help efforts happening on the thread in that short space of time, I think the Nomads did what they normally do, so now the scrapping can begin. I found it pretty impressive.

BTW, my 'Better Half's' Dad travels back and forth from Sandy Eggo to here every couple of months, and sometimes he neglects to tell anyone of his kids he's on the road.... drives her nertz. Common courtesy is a blessing, forgetfulness forgivable.

It is a very happy ending, without high drama ...DANG IT! :lol:

Yeah.....all ended well, but that is no reason not to run this for a few more pages with what if's, or should have's!

motoged - 4-7-2015 at 04:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

.....no reason not to run this for a few more pages with what if's, or should have's!

or.....just the facts as to where things got confused.....I am not really interested in conjecture at this time. :light:

DianaT - 4-7-2015 at 04:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

.....no reason not to run this for a few more pages with what if's, or should have's!

or.....just the facts as to where things got confused.....I am not really interested in conjecture at this time. :light:

It is a lot clearer if you read Talk Baja. This is a man who ALWAYS calls a lot when he is in Baja and he said he would call when he got to Loreto. His children expected the call because he ALWAYS called, so they, of course became worried when it did not happen. This was the first time he did not call.

Once on facebook, the message was spread all over facebook and other places in both Spanish and English. Robert will be recognized by a lot of people down there.

Anyway, someone who lives in Loreto and knows him knew where they were staying.

End of story --- a very good ending, except for a couple of rightfully ticked off kids. :-)

It was a matter of expectations based on history and promises.

motoged - 4-7-2015 at 05:04 PM

Diana,
Thanks....that was clear and helpful.

Talk Baja, eh? I should take a look and see what's up there.

Gracias for the tip. :saint:

rts551 - 4-7-2015 at 05:06 PM

Yes, you should. Help went out immediately...no blather...