BajaNomad

REAL RAIN in central Baja today!!!! pics added

shari - 4-11-2015 at 03:12 PM

Last night my husband Juan woke me up to come and watch the light show. It was spectacular, the likes of which I have never seen here and it went on all night and continues today.

the thunder has been rattling the windows and it has been raining pretty good now for a couple hours making large puddles in the streets and lots of mud on the dirt roads...not to mention most people's roof leaks.

the arroyos were starting to run into the sea

the new malecon paving project got a nice water down

main street charkos(puddles)

It stopped only for a few minutes when we buried one of Asuncion's restaurant owners..Nora from Ramonas restaurant across from the police station ...DEP.

At sunset, it stopped raining and the old panteon was beautiful with the rainbow behind it...there was even a double rainbow at one point and a full arc rainbow framed the bay!

Is it raining in other places today?

[Edited on 4-12-2015 by shari]

BajaBlanca - 4-11-2015 at 03:37 PM

poured here too and Les also woke me up to say that there were odd lights outside.....til the roaring thunder explained why the lights.

I watered the garden and I did laundry. Typical!

Bajahowodd - 4-11-2015 at 04:33 PM

If only for California. I just read an article that showed that a bunch of major corporate folks continue to pump ground water to sell as bottled water throughout the US. California is experiencing a major water crisis. Why do they continue to allow Nestle, Coca Cola and their brethren to keep pumping out ground water for their profit???:?:

woody with a view - 4-11-2015 at 05:33 PM

no rain here!

micah202 - 4-11-2015 at 06:05 PM

....wow....a topic of rain in Baja with only 3 posts to world climate politic......and two to laundry!

...way to cut to the chase! :biggrin:

Russ - 4-12-2015 at 05:01 AM

1/2" last night

Mula - 4-12-2015 at 05:59 AM

Huge thunder and rain storm all night long in San Nicolas.
Get to turn off the solar water pump for the fruit trees for several days and it's going to be so fresh and clean around here!

Yeah!

rhintransit - 4-12-2015 at 06:30 AM

Real rain....pouring...in Loreto.

shari - 4-12-2015 at 07:06 AM

ah yes, it certainly is early this season for laundry reports eh! Last night at sunset was an amazing double rainbow...it framed the whole bay in colour...simply stunning.

vgabndo - 4-12-2015 at 08:44 AM

Last evening as the sunset below the low cloud cover there was a period when the world turned a sort of salmon color, the whole world was salmon colored. Yes, my roof leaked too!

Salsa - 4-13-2015 at 10:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
If only for California. I just read an article that showed that a bunch of major corporate folks continue to pump ground water to sell as bottled water throughout the US. California is experiencing a major water crisis. Why do they continue to allow Nestle, Coca Cola and their brethren to keep pumping out ground water for their profit???:?:

Profit -- How Disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

4x4abc - 4-13-2015 at 10:28 AM

80% of the water use in California is agriculture and commercial (including Nestle etc) - can you imagine the politician brave enough to restrict that section? Loss of jobs, less food, less drinking water for the Starbucks crowd?
And profit? Of course profit! Didn't you all sign up for capitalism?

Bajaboy - 4-13-2015 at 10:39 AM

Because people keep buying the bottled water....

Mexitron - 4-13-2015 at 11:46 AM

We got your storm in Texas this morning Shari---1.5 inches of rain in about and hour and a half.

güéribo - 4-13-2015 at 12:03 PM

Great photos! Thanks.

güéribo - 4-13-2015 at 12:36 PM

Shari, what's the longest you've gone without rain?

Whale-ista - 4-13-2015 at 06:29 PM

Beautiful photos! reminds me of the rainbows at the Lagoon two months ago.

What a year this is been for rain, lightning and colorful skies so far… and it's only April!

Tomas Tierra - 4-14-2015 at 05:20 PM

We were in Agua Verde the night of the 11th. A couple of inches of rain with lightning right on top of us. Little scary. Yes, the roof of my camper leaked. Not as bad as another camp with all open top tents.

Boy did it smell good in the morning!!!

TT

tiotomasbcs - 4-15-2015 at 07:05 AM

Down south, we missed out on this one. Beautiful pictures of the Panteon. Descansa, Senora Nora. BA has a most beautiful cemetary. Thanks, Amiga. Tomas

bajadogs - 4-15-2015 at 09:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

80% of the water use in California is agriculture and commercial (including Nestle etc) - can you imagine the politician brave enough to restrict that section? Loss of jobs, less food, less drinking water for the Starbucks crowd?
And profit? Of course profit! Didn't you all sign up for capitalism?

This is important. I do love Shari's photos. California is thirsty and we may be creating our own problems by collapsing the natural aquifers in the central valley as we allow the corporate farms to pump them dry. Enjoy your almond. That will cost you a gallon.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-groundwater-20...