BajaNomad

NORRA Mexican 1000 + Rally For The Animals

BajaGeoff - 4-21-2015 at 11:09 PM

So for the first time ever, instead of working in the pits with my MAG-7 friends I will be getting behind the wheel for the NORRA Mexican 1000! My wife and I will be joining Mark Workentine Racing to do the NORRA as a fundraiser for the San Diego Humane Society and K9 Rancho del Perro in La Paz. We are calling it Rally For The Animals and have set up a fundraising page on GoFundMe. 100% of the donations will go to the shelters (minus GoFundMe fees) so help out if you can! We have already reached 1/3 of our fundraising goal of $2,500 and will continue to raise funds as we head south. We will be posting updates from the road whenever possible. Viva Baja!

David K - 4-21-2015 at 11:13 PM

I am so very happy for you Geoff! Have a great time amigo!!

BajaBlanca - 4-22-2015 at 04:42 AM

Wow! Great news! Have a blast and be safe.

gnukid - 4-22-2015 at 05:15 AM

We'll be there to cheer you on!

Looks like a great event!

willyAirstream - 4-22-2015 at 05:58 AM

Suerte! We will be cheering for you dogs. :)

BajaGeoff - 4-22-2015 at 01:11 PM

Thanks everyone! We couldn't do it without the help of our sponsors: Baja Bound Insurance, MAG-7 Pits, Satellite Phone Store, Drones Made Easy, Animal House Veterinary Center, Mid Valley Veterinary Hospital and Kaunamano Farms.

Here is what we will be driving...just look for the "Skittle green" prerunner!

vgabndo - 4-22-2015 at 05:47 PM

If I put up a big sign will you stop and take a cash donation?

Ateo - 4-22-2015 at 06:44 PM

You are sooooooooo stoked.

Take vgabndo up on his sign idea.

He doesn't mess around with signs. I can explain if we ever meet in person. =)

gnukid - 4-22-2015 at 10:05 PM

So excited to cheer you on Geoff!

BajaGeoff - 4-23-2015 at 08:07 PM

Hehehe awesome! Where will you be posted up Vgabndo? I can talk to the truck owner and see if we can stop to see ya!

BajaGeoff - 4-23-2015 at 08:10 PM

Where will you be gnukid?

vgabndo - 4-28-2015 at 05:49 PM

Geoff, I'm sorry I missed your response earlier. I was at Guillermo Prieta, and saw you pass. It seemed the sweep vehicles were gaining on you!!!

I see from the tracking that your day ended in a few hours past me at Scorpion Bay. Sorry if it was a DNF as it appears.

BajaGeoff - 5-1-2015 at 10:55 AM

Yeah vgabundo we had a lot of issues with the truck that ended up putting us out of the race just south of Scorpion Bay. The nice thing is we spent Tuesday at the beach and went surfing, which was a really fun time. We still made it down to Cabo for the awards ceremony and got to relax a bit before heading home. I'll get a full trip report and photos posted soon!

gnukid - 5-1-2015 at 02:50 PM

Hey Geoff

I also watched the tracker which worked great I thought, we caught the race coming into La Paz and met the show down on the Malecon and at Palmira. Great day!

Looking forward to see you next year!

BajaGeoff - 5-1-2015 at 03:55 PM

Super cool gnukid! Wish we could have made it....hopefully we can give it another go next year!