BajaNomad

LA Bay Lodging?

Lobsterman - 5-5-2015 at 05:45 AM

Three of my fishing buddies and myself are heading down to LA Bay in early June. We will have two 18' aluminum boats. It's been 10 years since I've fished there and 20+ years for the other guys. We all have fished there many times in the past dating back to the 60's and have pleasant memories of those fishing experiences. Being old farts now, we do not plan on camping on the local beaches this time around.

Can you recommend a comfortable hotel in town with a/c where we can park our boats in front of the rooms and have easy access to a launch ramp?

Tight lines,
Dennis

Warf - 5-5-2015 at 06:38 AM

Costa del Sol is a nice spot. They have a Facebook page so you can check the place out.

bkbend - 5-5-2015 at 08:17 AM

Parking the boat in front of the room may be iffy at Costa del Sol. Casa Diaz has room to park and is closest to the public ramp. Las Hamacas has room to park, not sure about the parking at Guillermo's rooms but it has its own ramp and is also next to the public ramp. Cangrejo's is an option at the north end of town with plenty of parking. Full listing and phone numbers at http://www.bahiadelosangeles.info/accomodations.htm

redhilltown - 5-5-2015 at 11:50 PM

Agree as to Costa del Sol...get the big room. You may not be able to park RIGHT in front, but there is room around the back. You'll have to drive to the ramp anyways so you are talking five minutes vs one (as to a few of the others.) Wifi and a good restaurant. Please report back as to the catch!

chuckie - 5-5-2015 at 11:53 PM

Why do you need to park right in front?

rts551 - 5-6-2015 at 07:24 AM

We parked right in front or our room. Fence around the place (hotel not named) This was year before last for the race there. Lost many of our spares (tires, etc), air tanks, anyway. So did the neighbors. Police said there is lots of crime there. "Check all the Segundas between GN and Ensenada.". Gee Thanks.

chuckie - 5-6-2015 at 08:06 AM

Oh.....

Bob53 - 5-6-2015 at 10:59 AM

Daggett's has a air conditioned rooms and I think you can possibly park right in front of your room or close by.

[Edited on 5-6-2015 by Bob53]

motoged - 5-6-2015 at 11:30 AM

# 1 Choice for me is Costa del Sol....lots of parking in front of rooms as well as the area entering the parking lot. victoria is a gracious hostess w/ good food, wifi, and a 2 minute walk to stores and tacos.

Doug/Vamonos - 5-7-2015 at 05:00 PM

I wouldn't worry about your boats getting stolen. But I wouldn't leave my rods, gear, or electronics in the boat. Offload it into your room or truck every night. Others may disagree but I wouldn't risk it. Lots of people with sticky fingers. Costa del Sol is the only place I would stay at. Moderately nice with a decent café. You will see me in my Bayrunner 21 making bait in front of town. Grey bimini and us/mex flags. Should be great fishing. Lots of surface yellows in June.