BajaNomad

Waterski BOLA Marcus Brown and Glenn Plake Great Video

Commuterfisher - 5-10-2015 at 05:16 AM

http://marcusbrown.net/flowpoint-tv

AKgringo - 5-10-2015 at 07:06 AM

Nice video! I never knew Glenn had a warm side, I have only seen him on snow.
I was on the mountain with him at the first 'Extreme Ski Competition' near Valdez Alaska. I watched him ski a sick line that few people could survive, he truly lives on the edge!
Despite his growing fame at the time, and radical Mohawk, I was surprised to find that he was a regular guy with just enough ego to allow him to ski cliffs!
By the way, I was not competing, my ski patrol was serving on the rescue team.

woody with a view - 5-10-2015 at 07:25 AM

Awesome! makes me happy to see the perspective from water skier (who knew?) having a blast in Baja!

T minus less than 3 weeks!

MMc - 5-10-2015 at 08:58 AM

Cool, we all have or own reasons to go! Thanks for the share.

gallesram - 5-10-2015 at 07:05 PM

We call it "waterskier's heaven"; warm water, no other boats & unlimited runs. I used to wonder why nobody would ever waterski down there; figured there had to be a reason. Nope; just lack of people.

PabloEss - 5-13-2015 at 01:22 PM

Brings back great memories from the seventies. Wonderful video.:tumble:

Von - 5-13-2015 at 01:53 PM

That's at El Rincon in BOLA ha? I notice they fixed up that abandoned house. I was there a month ago very private now. With a security guard :)

David K - 5-13-2015 at 03:04 PM

That was one nice video!

4Cata - 5-14-2015 at 12:41 AM

Oh, wow! I'd say b-tchin' but that would date me, lol!

Commuterfisher - 5-14-2015 at 11:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gallesram  
We call it "waterskier's heaven"; warm water, no other boats & unlimited runs. I used to wonder why nobody would ever waterski down there; figured there had to be a reason. Nope; just lack of people.

I got bit by the waterski bug about 2 years ago here in San Diego. I ski Carlsbad lagoon 2-3 times per week. Still loving it. I stayed at Bob and Susan's last year and water skied off an old Tahiti 2 stroke outboard that I keep in Abreojos. I loved Mulege. Great ski spot. Wish I could keep a boat there and fly in. How do you like Glenn's old Tahiti jet boat, brings back memories. Last time I was in Abreojos I even skied behind a jetski. Can't get enough of it.

Doug/Vamonos - 5-24-2015 at 11:51 AM

Doc needs to put out his whale shark buoys! Dang hippies busting the 5mph speed limit!

vandenberg - 5-24-2015 at 01:58 PM

Nice video, thanks!!
Always wondered about hardly ever seeing any water skiers around the very calm waters here in Loreto and Nopolo/Loreto Bay.
Seems like ideal skiing location.

CaboSur - 5-29-2015 at 11:48 AM

Just absolutely FANTASTIC !! Thanks for posting the video

Dang, makes want to get back on the slalom.