BajaNomad

Animal lover

Osprey - 5-17-2015 at 08:01 AM

Just so y'all don't think I'm a heartless slug, I do like (some) animals.

Cinnamon

I think anyone who sees the cat on my couch would say his ears are the color of cinnamon. Exactly that color. That’s what I think. So to test that theory I went to the kitchen spice rack only to find we are out of cinnamon. Is there another word to describe the color? A look around the house did not answer my curiosity so I walked to the beach across arroyos and bajadas through scrub, thickets and sandy trails. The color was hiding from me.

Back at home I dug a shallow hole in the dirt yard near my patio. The dirt there is decomposed granite and was the color of rosewood a decade ago when I had it dumped and spread. I poured a bucket of water into the hole; now chocolate, it was trying hard to be like the cat.

While I waited impatiently for the water to seep into the dirt, change the hue again and again while it seeped and softened then began to dry (go through all those shades of tan again, the other way) the cat was watching me -- he stared and yawned and seemed to be mocking me.

The cat’s ears are a mocking color.

[Edited on 5-17-2015 by Osprey]

Udo - 5-17-2015 at 09:55 AM

I forgot you have a cat, Jorge.

How are your dogs doing? I know they are up there in age.

Osprey - 5-17-2015 at 10:24 AM

Our Golden retriever, Tino is 12, Fea, our other walk-on beach dog is now a quiet 17. They've had a long happy run at my place.

I thought about getting a spunky puppy but then I remembered that old dog bromide "You can't teach a young dog old tricks"

Ateo - 5-17-2015 at 12:03 PM

pauldavidmena - 5-17-2015 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  
Our Golden retriever, Tino is 12, Fea, our other walk-on beach dog is now a quiet 17. They've had a long happy run at my place.

I thought about getting a spunky puppy but then I remembered that old dog bromide "You can't teach a young dog old tricks"

Fea está Hermosa! Both of your dogs are as well-behaved as they are pampered. Good on them!

After adopting our first dog Bonita, who was already old enough to have developed some behaviors we were only able to manage but not change, we decided to adopt a puppy, whom we named Tito. To say that it's a lot of work is a wild understatement, but it's been worth it!

4Cata - 5-17-2015 at 04:00 PM

Maybe your cat is the color of canela, lol! He probably was un poco nervioso about that hole you dug. Then simply yawned to show his unconcerned coolness.

bajabuddha - 5-17-2015 at 05:42 PM

I've never known a "Fea" Golden in my life. ;)