BajaNomad

The Border and USA

captkw - 5-19-2015 at 12:33 AM

If you can stomach thruth....ck this...."Failure to obey" Documentary on checkpoint refusal (full movie)...

dtbushpilot - 5-19-2015 at 06:14 AM

No link cappy...

willyAirstream - 5-19-2015 at 06:53 AM

Is this the link?

www.reddit.com/r/NEWSALTERNATIVE/comments/30tcji/

chuckie - 5-19-2015 at 07:20 AM

Blacklisted news? Nuttin there either

Udo - 5-19-2015 at 10:54 AM

I found the correct link...It really shows the bullying tactics of the CBP:

[Edited on 5-20-2015 by Udo]

[Edited on 5-20-2015 by Udo]

[Edited on 1-19-2021 by BajaNomad]

Pompano - 5-19-2015 at 11:06 AM

Send them to the Baltimore Police for training?

rts551 - 5-19-2015 at 11:09 AM

Udo, talking about bullying. did you get your Sentri pass back.

Udo - 5-19-2015 at 12:27 PM

I have my interview with a SENTRI supervisor in two days.

I'll let everyone know the results, rts.

The topic of this post is somewhat relevant to my situation, but no where near the same thing.

[Edited on 5-19-2015 by Udo]

4Cata - 5-19-2015 at 12:48 PM

Baltimore, or Ferguson would do in a pinch.

bajabuddha - 5-19-2015 at 12:57 PM

I hear Albuquerque is taking applications. :(

wessongroup - 5-19-2015 at 03:01 PM

Failure to Obey

vgabndo - 5-19-2015 at 05:25 PM

Not that "one nation under God" is going over the freakin' top, but I had to show my ID to buy a BIC lighter today. It isn't like I don't LOOK 70. I think they want to make sure that no other nation on the planet challenges their position as the country with the largest percentage of their citizens in prison!

David K - 1-18-2021 at 02:21 PM

This is a 2015 thread, folks.

JZ - 1-18-2021 at 02:25 PM

I didn't watch it, but I believe this is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN0dzg0U7w

willardguy - 1-18-2021 at 04:24 PM

WHOA....HERE I THOUGHT THE CAPTAIN WAS BACK! THOSE OF YOU WHO REMEMBER CAPTKW WILL UNDERSTAND THE CAPS!:coolup:

David K - 1-18-2021 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
WHOA....HERE I THOUGHT THE CAPTAIN WAS BACK! THOSE OF YOU WHO REMEMBER CAPTKW WILL UNDERSTAND THE CAPS!:coolup:

His last post on Nomad, 8-14-2016:

Quote: Originally posted by captkw  
I don't think I need to say more... Baja dogs are GREAT !!

pacificobob - 1-18-2021 at 05:05 PM

not any sort of real captain....more of a self bestowed honorific. sorta like a hip hop fellow referring to himself as doctor_________.

RocketJSquirrel - 1-18-2021 at 06:02 PM

Love doctor. It's real. :cool:

BajaNomad - 1-18-2021 at 09:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
I didn't watch it, but I believe this is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN0dzg0U7w

Or this:

RocketJSquirrel - 1-19-2021 at 09:26 AM

There are many videos of people tired of harassment at the various checkpoints in CA AZ NM TX.

I'm not pro or con, but I can certainly see how people who must drive through them daily or even several times a day can find them rather intrusive.

It is a real legal question, and civil rights question, about the hoops the gov't must make you jump through to keep them happy. I have no answer, but we do need to see both sides.

The Border Patrol has an impossible task and when we can, we need to smile and give them support. It's not likely a fun job.

David K - 1-19-2021 at 09:50 AM

I am lucky, I guess? 55 years of Baja travel and I have never been 'harassed' crossing back north.

The worst may have been at Tecate, many years ago, when some yahoo inspector responded to my answer of where we went (something I don't think I had been asked before). When I said 'San Felipe', he responded with "Is that where gringos mostly live?" Gringos, live, huh? The other time was in 2012 with a 5-hour wait, for no special reason and the inspector suggested/ hoped we contact his superiors to let them know. I suspect some kind of union issue. The inspector was nice and we were not asking for any way to complain, just wondered why.

Lee - 1-19-2021 at 11:43 AM

Harassment might be luck of the draw.

About 5 years ago, crossed S. at San Ysidro, got a red light, pulled over. Directed to an x-ray machine, and ordered out. Wife and I asked to wait in a walled concrete area. They x-rayed my car 3 times, then asked to drive to an inspection area. Sat on the curb for 1/2 hour before 3 MX came over and asked us to unpack the car. They were esp. interested in the 2 bottles of wine and 6-pack of beer I had. Placed alcohol on curb and photographed it. Then they disappeared.

Started walking around asking if I could leave and was told to wait. 1.5 hrs later swore I'd never go through there again.

pauldavidmena - 1-19-2021 at 12:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Harassment might be luck of the draw.

About 5 years ago, crossed S. at San Ysidro, got a red light, pulled over. Directed to an x-ray machine, and ordered out. Wife and I asked to wait in a walled concrete area. They x-rayed my car 3 times, then asked to drive to an inspection area. Sat on the curb for 1/2 hour before 3 MX came over and asked us to unpack the car. They were esp. interested in the 2 bottles of wine and 6-pack of beer I had. Placed alcohol on curb and photographed it. Then they disappeared.

Started walking around asking if I could leave and was told to wait. 1.5 hrs later swore I'd never go through there again.

Did you end up getting your wine back at least? If not, I hope it was Two Buck Chuck.

Lee - 1-19-2021 at 02:41 PM

Got the wine back, 1st time to MX secondary.

60 years of Baja travel, never been to US secondary in a car, always in an RV.

RocketJSquirrel - 1-19-2021 at 03:20 PM

My apologies, I should clarify:

Quote: Originally posted by RocketJSquirrel  
There are many videos of people tired of harassment at the various checkpoints in CA AZ NM TX.

By "checkpoints" I mean the Border Patrol checkpoints inside the USA - not when crossing the border. Checkpoints like the big one between El Centro and Yuma and up near Campo/Jacumba and numerous others in the southern parts of the border states.

Crossing the border... either way - the officials have your cojones in their hands. That's just how it works - in any country. Smile, be polite. Keep your wallet in your pocket.

David K - 1-19-2021 at 03:29 PM

My apologies, I should clarify:

By "checkpoints" I mean the Border Patrol checkpoints inside the USA - not when crossing the border. Checkpoints like the big one between El Centro and Yuma and up near Campo/Jacumba and numerous others in the southern parts of the border states.

Crossing the border... either way - the officials have your cojones in their hands. That's just how it works - in any country. Smile, be polite. Keep your wallet in your pocket.

Oh... well that makes a big difference...

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: