BajaNomad

Coastal Roads South of El Rosario

Ateo - 5-30-2015 at 12:22 PM

Tons of hikes, surf, food, walks, naps, and roads. No flats and no air downs. Adios.

We headed south of El Rosario to check an area that I haven't been to in many, many years.

The last time I was there I was single young man, carrying a backpack full of Carlos Castaneda books, exploring around in an orange VW bus.

We had a blast.

We stayed in San Q for the night and headed south early the next morning, driving about 150 miles of dirt roads before the sun set.

Of course it was windy, and we looked for any crevice that would get us out of the wind for a few days but our search was fruitless. At around 3PM we decided to cross back from the coast all the way back to Mex 1, find some gas, and take another dirt road another 50 miles out to the coast. The new Tundra performed well.

The sun set, and we thought we were lost, driving in total darkness on some obscure random road, until Baja paid us off by dropping us off on a secluded beach. We were exhausted. Tents up, passed out.

The pictures will tell the rest of the journey. Gotta go..................

WASHOUT

Had to take the long way around.....................added an hour.

elgatoloco - 5-30-2015 at 12:26 PM

Nice:cool:

Meany - 5-30-2015 at 12:43 PM

Looks Like a very Mucho fun trip. Great Pictuers.. Thanks.

bajafam - 5-30-2015 at 01:00 PM

lovin every minute of it , cooooool :cool:

BornFisher - 5-30-2015 at 01:07 PM

Thanks!!

Mexitron - 5-30-2015 at 01:09 PM

Nice photos of the hinterland!
Even upstream its a little gooshy...one of our group slipping around:

Ateo - 5-30-2015 at 01:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  
Nice photos of the hinterland!
Even upstream its a little gooshy...one of our group slipping around:

Nice find. I got some new racing stripes coming thru that narrow corridor. I should've tried the mud estuary crossing just outside of town but I had 4 kids with me and didn't feel like ruining our day if we got stuck.

rts551 - 5-30-2015 at 01:27 PM

Now there is a nice trip report!

Bajaboy - 5-30-2015 at 01:56 PM

Nice, thanks amigo!

bajaandy - 5-30-2015 at 02:01 PM

Love all those spots! Thanks for the photo essay!

danaeb - 5-30-2015 at 02:07 PM

I LOVE your family road trip chronicles, Ateo.

David K - 5-30-2015 at 03:27 PM

Thanks Jon, a perfect Baja trip indeed!

Udo - 5-30-2015 at 04:00 PM

Great photos, Jon...brings back memories of 16 years ago, and also 22 years ago.

StuckSucks - 5-30-2015 at 05:10 PM

REALLY good group of photos! Gotta love the guy who took the time to make sentences out of duct tape. Killer trip!

TMW - 5-30-2015 at 07:27 PM

Beautiful, love it. Thanks

Toobman - 6-2-2015 at 02:03 PM

You're a lucky man.
I am glad to see my sign is still holding up:tumble:

Taco de Baja - 6-3-2015 at 07:52 AM

Love that stretch of Baja Coast.

Thanks for sharing. :bounce:

Hook - 6-3-2015 at 05:55 PM

Nice photo essay of that portion of the Baja coast.

I know this isn't generally discussed much around here, given the reluctance to discuss it, but...................

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE RESPECT THAT THE VELVET UNDERGROUND AND NICO ALBUM HAS THESE DAYS???!!!!!! Most influential album ever by Rolling Stone???? The band has four albums in their top 500 of all time? Even the curmudgeon, Robert Christgau likes it??? They beat untold numbers of more deserving acts into the R and R HOF???

I just dont get it. It's like a dissonant, monotonous album that is a cross between Pentangle (whom I like) and a bad, punk band, with Dylan-like vocals (and that's RARELY good!).

Femme Fatale, There She Goes Again and European Son are the only listenable songs, IMO.

WHAT'S THE ATTRACTION???????

Ateo - 6-3-2015 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

I know this isn't generally discussed much around here, given the reluctance to discuss it, but...................

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE RESPECT THAT THE VELVET UNDERGROUND AND NICO ALBUM HAS THESE DAYS???!!!!!! Most influential album ever by Rolling Stone???? The band has four albums in their top 500 of all time? Even the curmudgeon, Robert Christgau likes it??? They beat untold numbers of more deserving acts into the R and R HOF???

I just dont get it. It's like a dissonant, monotonous album that is a cross between Pentangle (whom I like) and a bad, punk band, with Dylan-like vocals (and that's RARELY good!).

Femme Fatale, There She Goes Again and European Son are the only listenable songs, IMO.

Thanks for an interesting topic.

I like to torture myself musically that's why I was listening to this album. Hhahahahahaha.

Actually I had it on shuffle and this song just came up.

When I was living in Alaska I bought a velvet underground box set and all I can tell you is kept me alive for six months. They are a reminder that music can make you feel weird, and that artistic vision is a component of all good art. Whatever that means. :)

Chupacabra - 6-5-2015 at 03:52 PM

Nice! Love that stretch of coast, so much to explore.

Mexitron - 6-5-2015 at 04:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Might be like the art world, where pieces aren't revered necessarily for their technique but rather for their influence or history. Velvet Underground was a groundbreaker in this regard.

woody with a view - 6-6-2015 at 02:46 PM

Afraid to get stuck with four kids? :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like the correct number. One for each wheel!

Udo - 6-6-2015 at 07:38 PM

Glad to have you back on the forum...you must have stopped driving and gotten to your destination.

I ran into a group on FB...WORLD SURFING LEAGUE. Wild videos! Make your jaw drop!

Ateo - 6-6-2015 at 07:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

Agreed, but two were in car seats! There are child labor laws to stop that kind of thing!!!:lol:

Bichito - 6-8-2015 at 01:07 PM

I wanna go back! This just helped ease a little midday boredom at work...

woody with a view - 6-8-2015 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

Agreed, but two were in car seats! There are child labor laws to stop that kind of thing!!!:lol:

what happens in Baja stays in Baja!