BajaNomad

Anyone in San Bruno or Pta Chivato near their marine radio RIGHT NOW?!

Hook - 5-30-2015 at 02:26 PM

I am the radio voice/tournament control for a tournament in San Carlos, Sonora, today. We are on channel 63(A), USA frequency.

I'm up about 120 feet and using a radio that is a bit over the conventional 25 watts. I would love to see if anyone over there can hear me.

Maybe hail me on 63 by calling "tournament control" and identifying yourself as a "station in Chivato" or "station in San Bruno".

Heck, if you can hear me in Juncalito or ANYWHERE on Baja, give me a shout.

I wont be able to do much more than acknowledge you, but I'd love to see if I am being heard over there. If I dont reply, it could be because a boat is reporting in a fish that YOU might not be able to hear.

Tournament ends at 4pm, MST, over here.

We could talk a little more at length after the tourney is complete for today. I have to stay on mic until the last boat is safely back in a harbor.

[Edited on 5-30-2015 by Hook]

Hook - 5-30-2015 at 02:43 PM

Who was that that just contacted me? I cant talk right now.

Russ - 5-30-2015 at 02:46 PM

It was I... The PC hermit Bonehead
Back on 73

[Edited on 5-30-2015 by Russ]

Hook - 5-30-2015 at 02:49 PM

I thought maybe so, Russ. Tell me about your radio setup? Power output? Height of antenna? How would you rate my transmission; XLNT, Good, Average, Fair, Poor?

Russ - 5-30-2015 at 03:03 PM

Regular icom boat radio, hi power and 50' up. You're a little scratchy but good.

Hook - 5-30-2015 at 03:07 PM

You sounded average-fair and slightly scratchy.

Anybody else??? Come on Loreto! I will probably be on mic till at least 5pm MST.

Russ - 5-30-2015 at 03:22 PM

So how's the fishing over there? I heard some marlin report in the short time I listened. Any Dorado? No report from Mulege's tourney

Cisco - 5-30-2015 at 03:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I am the radio voice/tournament control for a tournament in San Carlos, Sonora, today. We are on channel 63(A), USA frequency.

I'm up about 120 feet and using a radio that is a bit over the conventional 25 watts. I would love to see if anyone over there can hear me.

Maybe hail me on 63 by calling "tournament control" and identifying yourself as a "station in Chivato" or "station in San Bruno".

Heck, if you can hear me in Juncalito or ANYWHERE on Baja, give me a shout.

I wont be able to do much more than acknowledge you, but I'd love to see if I am being heard over there. If I dont reply, it could be because a boat is reporting in a fish that YOU might not be able to hear.

Tournament ends at 4pm, MST, over here.

We could talk a little more at length after the tourney is complete for today. I have to stay on mic until the last boat is safely back in a harbor.

[Edited on 5-30-2015 by Hook]

"5 9" on the beach in Pacific Beach.

ICOM IC-A24 handheld.

Jeeeze I love ICOM.

Hook - 5-30-2015 at 03:35 PM

It's because I am using a YAESU that you can hear me, PB!!!!!

Now, let's argue over makes of truck, eh??? LOL!

Hook - 5-30-2015 at 03:38 PM

Russ, I think we have about 21 billfish and 8 dorado over the minimum of 15 lbs. 17 boats entered. Oh, and one jack crevalle which is NOT a tournament species.

Russ - 5-30-2015 at 05:14 PM

Thanks Hook. Couple boats going on the hunt tomorrow from here.

Pescador - 5-31-2015 at 06:48 AM

We monitor channel 74 in San Bruno and we hear the Sat. report and market frequently. The person who did that was up on the hill, I think, and during good conditions he came in loud and clear.

Hook - 5-31-2015 at 07:54 AM

I'm back at it today. Same Bat channel. Lines in is at 3pm today.

Come on LORETO!!!! Gimme a break!!