BajaNomad

Sounds like good fishing near SQ

Whale-ista - 6-2-2015 at 10:21 AM

... as reported in San Diego Reader:
www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2015/jun/02/fishing-report/

On Saturday I caught a personal best 48" halibut. Nobody around had seen one that big from the area and I was pretty jazzed. That's a big halibut, especially from a kayak.

I ran into another guy here at Cielito Lindo that fishes the same spot regularly from a kayak. He is the only other person on a 'yak that I've seen since coming here in mid-February and fishing at least twice a week. Said he'd been fishing a year or so and hadn't really caught much to brag about. So, we shared info and began fishing together.

(website has photo of Christopher Maggio with a 54" black seabass, San Quintin, Mexico)

When I caught the halibut I thought he would be there, since he had said he was going to camp by the spot with his family. As I was leaving, they came rolling in, and I had to brag up my fish. Told him to look in the back. He was in awe. I told him I was beat, and that I would probably paddle across and fish with him Sunday.

I didn't make it, though he did stop by in the afternoon to show me his catch — a 54" black seabass!

Cypress 2 - 6-2-2015 at 11:22 AM

congrats, That's a fine fish and some real good eating.:bounce: